Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

The previous version had a layer with the water for each state that highlighted rivers, lakes, ponds, springs, etc... Does anyone know if you can still find this layer on the new version?

Well I thought I had been lucky because I have had no problems with any of the versions of the android app.... Until today. I have the 4.1.0 version, the app will freeze then crash....

Antelope hunting in Wyoming. Two days ago I was on a chunk of BLM where the only access was the main highway that transected it. There was a real nice buck in a stalk able position. Anyways I get back to the truck and I have a car parked in front of my truck waiting for me. They informed me that I was on private property and had just trespassed. Thankfully I had On X downloaded on my phone and was able to have a frank conversation with them. They finally admitted there was a small chunk of BLM land that was in the area. They weren't thrilled that I had been on that chunk of land but they also told me they couldn't run me off BLM land. With out On X I would have drove right past that buck. I also wouldn't have had a leg to stand on with the rancher. They were nice people. But thank you On X. Best 30 dollars I have spent.

Colorado State layers are not loading. I turned them all off and back on also closed the app and brought it back up but still no layers, gmus, public, private none are showing. Fire and roadless areas loaded. They were slow but they did load. I have version 4.0.2

Last edited:
A discussing where I was hunting with a guy from buffalo wy. And he sent me a pic of an onx maps wia close to where I was going to hunt. Was wanting to send him another pic back of where I am actually hunting. Any tips on how he originally sent it to me

A discussing where I was hunting with a guy from buffalo wy. And he sent me a pic of an onx maps wia close to where I was going to hunt. Was wanting to send him another pic back of where I am actually hunting. Any tips on how he originally sent it to me

Screenshot it

Anybody having a problem with Samsung's crashing while downloading the maps?
Last year I bought a new Samsung 7 Active, signed up for OnX, started caching the grids for a unit in MT. About half way thru download phone made a popping sound and was toast. Exchanged phone for another new 7 Active and same thing, half way thru download, poof, up in smoke goes the phone. Now, my carrier said any other issues go to Samsung direct, Samsung says the issue was with the app. Tried to contact OnX about it and never heard back. Said F it and bought a GPS with OnX chip. I like the GPS but it doesn't seem to have layer on/off options (or my lizard brain can't figure out how to) and I don't want to crash another phone because now it'll be out of pocket and not under warranty.

the workaround for me with the offline maps crashing was to download and subscribe to onxroam the non huning version. stiill shows land ownership. its basically the old app without some of the layers for hunting ie unit boundaries, etc. not as hunter friendly but doesn t crash in the offline mode. using in iphone 6.

I just got the new version and have tried about 20 times to download an offline map with no success. Each time it will get about halfway through and then fail. Any ideas?

When saving, make sure to be connected to wifi with all other Apps colosed on your phone. Also try uninstalling your and reinstalling your App if this doesn't work.

What about saving the app & maps on the SD card instead of phone memory?

This is something we are certainly interested in providing in the future, but we do not currently have it on the roadmap for the near future. There are many differen't phone models that change each year which makes it very difficult to offer this feature with the constraint in technology.

Hey guys just wanted to shoot over some ways to trouble shoot your App if you are experiencing issues.

This link will provide ways to fix saved maps, missing waypoints, and not seeing land ownership in the App: https://onxmapssupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000934172-Offline-map-issues-Missing-waypoints-Not-seeing-land-ownership-in-the-App-

If you are still experiencing issues please email us at [email protected] or give us a call at 406 540 1600.

Thank you for all your feedback and support.

- onX

Last edited:
Is there going to be a way to turn our content/shading on and off? For example: I outlined the areas I could hunt on a BMA that is subdivided into separate sections. I want to see a unshaded aerial outline and still give me the interior area dimensions. Right now I have a large shaded block and it is hard to see the trails and waters. I don't want to delete it and don't think I should have to go to GE to see the clear aerial again.

The app crashes every time when trying to used saved maps in airplane mode on my Iphone 7.

Last edited:
Is this app usable on an apple watch? At one point in time, i've seen links to using it on an apple watch.. but was wondering if maybe that was false or just hasn't been released with the new update? Would be cool to be able to put down a waypoint quickly with a watch.

Also, when are you guys expected to release photo waypoints back into the system? I'm running out of unique names for my waypoints and blinds :)

I have an iPhone 7 and just updated my app with their version released yesterday. At first it didn't work, so I deleted all of my saved maps (these were saved when version 4 was released a couple weeks ago) and so far I have 2 overlapping maps saved and it is working without crashing when switched to offline mode.
Thanks to OnX for getting the bugs worked out before Sept 1!

yesterdays update helped for sure. Mine did crash this morning while using cached maps though. It certainly is an improvement though.

Quick question... Are layers supposed to work on saved maps? I can open the layers tab but when i turn layers on and off, The saved map layers do not change.

Last edited:
I saw the update this morning & completed it. Still crashing when offline. So, yet again, I deleted prior saved maps & saved them again. It now seems to be working. I went out scouting this afternoon(no cell service) & maps all worked. It seems like poor business the way the last couple weeks have gone with software issues at a bad time of year. However, I appreciate onx responsiveness to these issues and slogging through them to get em fixed. I'm on an iPhone 7

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back