Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

I have downloaded maps all afternoon and it has worked perfectly.
Great improvement vs old method.
Thank you!

So I have an samsung galaxy 8, the problem I'm having trouble with is I downloaded my offline maps at the 10 mile range, all but one was successful but the one that was unsuccessful doesn't have the option to delete it. The main problem however is when I switch to offline it moves to the map section but the screen is just white. Also if I scroll to a map down the list when I come back to the top it has automatically switched back to online mode. I completed the 4.0.1 update last night and downloaded these maps for my scouting trip tonight and hope there is enough service to use online. I always have the GPS and chip for a backup.

Another thing that would be helpful is an instruction manual deal on the website, some of us would like the option of not having to call, email or ask/complain on a forum about hwy things work.

Might have found a lead for 500 users that are missing or partially missing markups. We will be working through the weekend to confirm. Hope it works. Will give update Monday.

Teamhoyt, i would suggest not scrolling them until we have a chance to dig in. you can also save a new map over the same area. It should have a delete button so send some screenshots to us haven't heard of that bug yet

Last edited:
I don't really use the app but did download to try and my off line maps that were saved are working fine in "off grid" mode on an Iphone5. Since I'm on a trial basis will the app phone home and lock out these saved maps after the expiration?

I upgraded to the 4.0.1 and now the offline maps download just fine. Unfortunately every time I hit go offline to test them the app freezes then closes. Literally every single time.

This started with me today. Have had no luck using the app in the "offline" mode. It just freezes up and closes down the app. The old and new app have been very unstable lately and seem to freeze up and crash a lot. This is on all iOS devices.

Same here with the offline maps. I have an iPhone 7. Works fine...until I go offline then app shuts down

I took Offline maps for a test run the other night. Once I figured out that the transparency setting saved with the map and started over (default new setting was 0% on public lands so the whole river canyon just looked yellow), all worked well.

Minor issue - there is no longer a 'landscape' view option on iPad. The app only renders in portrait. Not the end of the world, but I often look at maps on my tablets (in both on- and off-line mode) and it was nice to have the larger view without having to haul out a laptop.

Very minor issue - I wish there was a one-click 'x' to delete the default waypoint name when creating a new waypoint. 99% of the time, I make a custom name, and it's a mild annoyance to delete 'Marker yyyymmdd hhmm' every time.

Same here with the offline maps. I have an iPhone 7. Works fine...until I go offline then app shuts down

I would try deleting app and reinstall. I'm using Iphone 6 and a Ipad and both go offline mode with no problems. I do need to zoom in a bit at first, map loads all white.

Headed to Salmon Lake today so will test it with no service.

Keep at it, great improvement over the old version.

They will get the glitches worked out.

Edit: worked perfectly for the 8 hours I ran it in the Seley Swan in MT.

Last edited:
I went on a scouting trip this weekend where there was no service. The app would not work. It would open, freese pretty much right away then close. Hope you guys get this fixed soon...

I went on a scouting trip this weekend where there was no service. The app would not work. It would open, freese pretty much right away then close. Hope you guys get this fixed soon...

Open the app, load your offline map and start the tracker before you leave service.

Last edited:
Ok 1st pic showing the map that didn't load with no delete option
2nd pic showing the unhilighted offline button after selecting it then scrolling down to select my map, when I select the map the cursor moves to the map area but map stays white and the offline button goes to go offline automatically.
3rd pic showing the white map when in airplane mode and go offline selected.

Hope these help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170804-144107.jpg
    Screenshot_20170804-144107.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Screenshot_20170804-144042.jpg
    Screenshot_20170804-144042.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Screenshot_20170804-144022.jpg
    Screenshot_20170804-144022.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 290
Teamhoyt, If you leave the offline menu and go the map view when offline and then zoom in does the write dissappear. You saved the hi resolution maps so you might have to zoom in until you get to the detailed zoom level. Just one though.

Sent the screenshots over to the developers they have some ideas. So thank you very much.

To all, screenshots are super helpful, along with your phone type, and the version of the app you have running. Makes it easy to try and replicate then. The android vs. iOS systems are so different that most bugs are only present in one phone type.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone 7 software version 10.3.3. I can save maps no problem. When I go to offline maps, about 5 seconds after I tap on offline button, the program shuts down.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. It opens, lets me scroll for a second then locks up and closes the app. Mine is an iPhone 6.

Hey Guys,

We wanted to give you an update on the data migration bug that some were experiencing. Our engineering team worked tirelessly to fix the bugs that some were experiencing last week. We were able to recover a substantial amount of customers data that was lost.

If you are missing any markups, Please log out/in to their App, then go to "My Content" and swipe down to refresh.

Thank you guys for your patience and continued support. Please let us know if this doesn't recover your markups.

I have an iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.3 and onX4.0.1
Online mode has worked without a glitch since the release a week ago.
When I switch to offline mode, all that is shown is the general map of the US, as expected, I haven't saved maps in this particular area.
The only issue is when I go to my unit where I have saved maps a few days ago or so, and zoom in to the 10 mile level (it's the first moment when the app shows 10 miles on the scale) and all of the aerial view imagery populates. 2-5 seconds later the app crashes and closes. Need any other info?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back