Caribou Gear

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

How about ability to share waypoints, either via NFC or plain old text?

Android update went out last Friday to allow you to turn layers on/off and change transparency when offline. Anticipating iOS release this week.

We have changing track/line/shape colors and sharing waypoints coming soon. Can't give an exact date.

Matt

OK, this may be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. If this is not the right place to do so, I apologize. I have purchased a etrex 25 and installed the onxmap Wyo chip in it in preparation for my pronghorn hunt in 10 days. To activate the Wyo map, is there anything I need to do besides turn on the unit and tap the map icon? Do I have to select that map somehow?

Last edited:
On the web/desktop site, I'm having trouble finding the legend, can someone direct me to where I can find that?

When is ONx coming to Canada!? (Specifically Ontario) I've been waiting a while for a tool like this. Let me know if your looking for beta testers.

Thanks.

Is there a huge difference between the 5 mile and 10 mile map detail?

Don't know about 10 mile as I don't use it but there is a significant difference between 5 mile and the area outside the boundary of the 5 mile portion.

Hey guys,

We wanted to give you an update on the App.

The latest version of the App has improvements to saved maps. You can now turn layers on/off when your offline, adjust transparency, and the download speed has increased.

Below is a link to our App resource videos if you have any further questions: http://https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpW1xnJGpEy1lTBfXsecV4hDol7HbyLGD

As always thank you for all your feedback to help us improve the App.
- onX

OnX, just wanted to say thank you for an amazing product. I'm without a GPS this year and decided to try the app out and I'm thoroughly pleased with the product. I do have one question, is there any way to view walk-in hunting areas using the app or chip?

Depending on the state, you should be able to see that data! What state specifically are you interested in seeing those for?

Last edited:
Depending on the state, you should be able to see that data! What state specifically are you interested in seeing those for?

I just realized that I had the WIA filter off, I guess I hadn't played around with the app enough before asking questions!

An update on the app would be nice. What's coming and when, what are you hoping to work on, etc.

2. Importing existing waypoints/tracks and ability to export back out (I don't do vendor lock down of my data). Sounds like this is on the horizon. Any sense if it will make this hunting season or is that for next season? The web map team is working on it right now. We are testing it currently so it is close to release and will definitely be out for this season.

Any update on import/export?

Probably already asked but wanted to throw it out quick before leaving.....
How do you in Wyoming, view unit boundaries for each species?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back