Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

I've tried that. Does the same thing.

Same, I've tried so many tricks to make it work but nothing. Just locks up and crashes. I have a hunt that this is crucial to have in 9 days. If it doesn't work my hunt is going to be severely impacted.

I purchased the onX chip for Wyoming and put it in my GPS. I went online and registered. Do I need to sync this chip with my computer, also?

1.) Has the ability to customize a drawn line color been removed? I liked having my drawn lines be purple while real trails were red.

2.) Is there a way to disable the mileage displays on drawn lines?

The screenshot shows that trail mileage has nothing to do with it. Its not so bad when zoomed in, but when zoomed out all the mileages are piled on top of one another.

uc

Here's an example of how silly things looked when zoomed out. ( hard to get a SS without revealing my waypoints :D )

uc

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

We wanted to give you an update on the data migration bug that some were experiencing. Our engineering team worked tirelessly to fix the bugs that some were experiencing last week. We were able to recover a substantial amount of customers data that was lost.

If you are missing any markups, Please log out/in to their App, then go to "My Content" and swipe down to refresh.

Thank you guys for your patience and continued support. Please let us know if this doesn't recover your markups.

I know the OnX team is working the wee hours on these upgrade and data migration issues and the effort is certainly appreciated.

Sadly - the above didn't work for me. After logging out, back in and refreshing 'My Content' - I'm still missing the waypoints and tracks that I created 7/28, 7/29 and 7/30. I should note (and did in my email to support) that the waypoints and tracks were created while in 'offline' mode on previously saved maps in the 'old' version. I suspect that may make a difference.

Everything I created before and after those dates is fine (except for the "re-dating" issue I noted way back above ITT).

Thanks again for the hard work and frequent updates.

Last edited:
I purchased the onX chip for Wyoming and put it in my GPS. I went online and registered. Do I need to sync this chip with my computer, also?

Run garmins basecamp program with your gps plugged in and you'll have the ability to sync stuff up. You'll want to backup your waypoints and tracks off the gps frequently also.

I understand that, I want my points and tracks saved independently (exported as gpx) from OnX and the app, should one of us go sideways. The web map is getting to the point I would use it but is a non starter if my data is locked up.
I totally agree with WapitiBob. We really need to be able to back up the waypoints separately.

I am having problem with my phone crashing when I go to my offline maps. About issue I am having is when I'm teaching a route, the timer isn't keeping the correct time. The distance it's correct though. I would love to say that I can run 6 miles in 18 minutes! Motorola X2

Last edited:
I am having problem with my phone crashing when I go to my offline maps.

I'm still having the same issue. 5 days until my hunt and my phone will be useless without the offline mode. It seems they are either not seeing this issue being brought up here or are not wanting to address it. To say I'm very concerned about being able to use this for my first hunt this season would be an understatement.

Here is my question, Pretty simple one. how do I figure out what the colors mean on the WY Game Distribution layer? Thanks!

No question just a comment. I had troubles with login, so I called customer service, and the young lady who answered the phone solved my issues with login very quickly. So I just wanted to say thank you OnX. If there is anyone out there that's not sure about getting or trying OnX maps, they offer a great product that is very useful and easy to navigate. Definitely worth getting!

Hey Guys,

We wanted to give you an update on the data migration bug that some were experiencing. Our engineering team worked tirelessly to fix the bugs that some were experiencing last week. We were able to recover a substantial amount of customers data that was lost.

If you are missing any markups, Please log out/in to their App, then go to "My Content" and swipe down to refresh.

Thank you guys for your patience and continued support. Please let us know if this doesn't recover your markups.

OnX
Can we get an ETA on the update to fix the offline-map-crashing issue?

Is there any way to download offline maps to my phones SD card instead of the phone storage itself? With only 16GB, the high res maps eat up that space quick, but have plenty of room on my SD card. Samsung S4.

OnX
Can we get an ETA on the update to fix the offline-map-crashing issue?
I tried to use mine in the field today on a hike. It was totally unusable because of the crashing. Maybe they ought to just give us the old version back.

SD Card

Is there any way to download offline maps to my phones SD card instead of the phone storage itself? With only 16GB, the high res maps eat up that space quick, but have plenty of room on my SD card. Samsung S4.

Definitely need this ASAP!!

I called and asked them, they said they were working on it...

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back