Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Vikingsguy,

Top left the three lines click on that. From there go to map settings. Inside there 4th thing down turn off Show off grid area outlines.

Is there a way to add another state to the phone App? The only option I see is to upgrade to all states, I do not want all states, would just like to add my home state to my app subscription.

nope, one state or all but you can add all of them on a monthly basis.

If you have a finicky phone, you can turn off the display "sleep" when downloading maps and that should enable all maps to download fully. I rarely have a map saving issue on either android or iphone.

Last edited:
I used OnX in Wyoming while mule deer hunting. It worked very well.

However, there were a few things that were somewhat annoying.
1. It defaults to cell coverage every time I pull it up, even it is just in sleep mode, so long as cell coverage was available. This is somewhat frustrating because it eventually ate up my data quota and I'm paying extra for exceeding that limit this month. I'd like it to go offline and stay there until I call it back.

2. I had added a number of polygons for my own reference. Now, every time I touched the screen inside of one of them I get the polygon information and I can't do whatever it was that I wanted to do (usually draw a line to measure distance between two locations). I finally had to turn off each particular polygon that was giving me problems, but now I had no polygon reference on the map that I wanted to use. I would like to turn off the pop-up feature w/o turning of the polygon itself. And doing that is a hassle in the field anyway, if I have made a lot of annotations on the maps.

3. One area we hunted had a BNSF rail line down the middle of it. All on BLM land according to the map. However, I talked with a rail line inspector that was driving on the tracks in his truck and he told me I was on private property. He did not run me off, but I felt like he was doing my a special favor, not that he couldn't have rung me up for trespassing. I'm not sure what the rules are out west on BLM railroad, but they would isolate a hell of a lot of country if they are not legally crossable.

Overall, I would say that the OnX system was only about 1000 times better than a Garmin GPS. A few minor tweeks and it could be 1003 times better. :)

Oh yeah, I would like to buy two states and not 50 states, 48 of which are useless to me.

Brent

I had the same final gripe, but in reality I get way more than $100 of value out of just having it for one state. I don't know how I could have hunted WY this year without it.

Seems like they could have a few different levels
1 state
3 states
6 states
All states
or something like that.

Probably doesn't help but I use onX all the time with it "offline" even though there is available service and the app never uses that service, on both android and iphone. You can also disable data usage on an app specific basis depending on type of phone.

I have downloaded several 5 mile sections for my hunt in unit 66 3rd season. When I go to offline mode, will the app automatically take me to the correct download based on my location or will I have to scroll through and locate the one I'm in?

It will take you there seamlessly. If you download some 10 mile maps you will have those a available for the drive in or if you decide to check out some other areas.

Last edited:
Can you run onxmaps on your phone and sync to your trucks display with Fords sync 3. This would be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are there any technical issues right now? I'm getting error messages when trying to process payments. My cc companies told me to contact On X, (which I have via email) but thought I'd check here as well. Thanks

Are there any technical issues right now? I'm getting error messages when trying to process payments. My cc companies told me to contact On X, (which I have via email) but thought I'd check here as well. Thanks

We have not been experiencing any issues on that end. Our customer support team is available via phone as well at 406-540-1600 from 8am to 5pm Mountain Time and we can help get you squared away.

When does the update go out to allow me to use my beloved OnX Maps on my new ASUS phone? It downloaded and opens then immediately freezers and crashes.
Thanks,
Brian

Now that we are in the down season it’s a great time for ONX to add new features - My vote is for batch offline downloading and CarPlay integration!

I would love it if on the mobile app, you didn't have to zoom in so far to have Wyoming WIAs and HMAs show up. Kind of annoying.

I would love it if on the mobile app, you didn't have to zoom in so far to have Wyoming WIAs and HMAs show up. Kind of annoying.

+1

I'd also like to know why I can't see the mule deer units from last fall or find the switch to turn on the elk units. Should be really intuitive (like in Map Layers), but it ain't. Strangely, the mule deer units are showing up on my cell tonight, but not on the computer.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back