Tripod of choice?

I just got the Sirui T-024x and am really impressed. Here are some pics for comparison.

From left to right... Sirui T-025x ___ Sirui T-024x ____ Promaster T525P (now XC525C)

Tripod1_.jpg

Tripod2_.jpg

Tripod3_.jpg

The T-025x is using the included Sirui Ballhead with the Outdoorsman's Tripod adapter attached to the Sirui plate. I removed the center post as it is non-adjustable and I felt it made the tripod unstable. The tripod weighs 30oz.

The T-024x is modified as I removed the Sirui quick-detach plate and attached the Outdoorsman's Quick Release Adapter directly to the Sirui ballhead. I did this to remove potential failure points and to eliminate unused weight. Also, it makes it so I can use my bino's and scopes interchangeably between this tripod and the Promaster, depending on the situation. It weighs 32oz.

The Promaster T525P has the Outdoorsman Panhead. It weighs 45oz.

I bought the T-024x and Kowa 554 to use while backpacking as the entire setup weighs 3.8lbs. The Promaster and Kowa 883 weigh 7.4lbs which are great when the extra power and light-gathering ability are an absolutely necessity but are pretty heavy on long hunts.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back