Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Turkey hunter's

Breast sliced thinly with the grain, cut into bite size pieces, a short dance in the oiled wok at high temps putting a crisp edge on the meat, and then finish with a bit of teriyaki sauce. Stir fry veggies, also with a finish of teriyaki, served over rice. Somehow we never have any leftovers.

1156.jpg

Remove silver lining that angles through breast halves and remove tendon from tenderloin. Cut breasts into approximately 3/4" chunks. (Cut across grain of breast then cut those strips to make the chunks.) Soak in buttermilk for several hours. Romove from buttermilk and place directly into seasoned flour then deep fry or pan fry in 1/2" of oil.

My family eats this as fast as I remove it from the oil. I usially do four or five breast halves for the wild game dinner at our church and most times I dont get any if I'm too far back in line.

Thighs and legs.....season and cook in crockpot on low for 8 hours pr until meat falls from bone and tendons. I typically just cover meat with a mixture of chicken broth and water. Separate meat from bone and tendon (easy work after 8ish hours). I like to refrigerate to firm up meat then chop and place in microwave to reheat. Place on corn tortillas with cilantro, pico de gallo, avocado, and some fresh squeezed lime juice.

Last edited:
Back