Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

car rental

old man

Does any one here know of a car rental that rents used vehicles? preferable 4x4s. in the Laramie area of Wyo.

I never checked in Laramie, but I always rent my vehicles at the Denver airport. I fly into Denver and drive to Wyoming.

Reactions: FLS
I think at enterprise in Laramie you can request a 4x4 vehicle. Maybe the polaris shop on snowy range rents quads and the other place I'd look would be in Centennial

I never checked in Laramie, but I always rent my vehicles at the Denver airport. I fly into Denver and drive to Wyoming.

Yep, Enterprise said they don't even offer trucks that weren't 4x4. We were very pleased with our rental there at the Denver Airport!

You can fly in to Laramie now on a decent jet with good service and rent at the airport. Most car rentals up here only rent 4x4 trucks not 2 wheel drive.

You can fly in to Laramie now on a decent jet with good service and rent at the airport. Most car rentals up here only rent 4x4 trucks not 2 wheel drive.

Budget in Denver has 2wld. Do any of them have used ? I hate taking a new vehicle into the back country.

Yes it is, but i treat them as if i owned it.Do onto others as you would have them do on to you.

Out of curiosity, those of you who have rented 4x4's at the airport, how have the tires treated you? I can't imagine taking stock tires off of a highway out west. Also, if you do have a flat, are you on the hook for the repair? Is there an extra fee? I've always wondered how that worked.

I rented a Ford 4x4 in Casper and drove to Laramie to antelope hunt a few years back. I sure hope no Hunt Talkers rented or purchased that vehicle after my adventure...

I rented a equinox out of Denver for my unit 34 wyoming deer hunt,lol.Those tires held up and those roads were ROUGH.I returned it with about an inch of dust on the inside and out.They sure loved me when I brought that baby back.Thinking about doing the same this year for my unit 49 colorado elk hunt.All depends on how many days I can free up before I decide if I'm flying on my points for free or driving

I drove a Ram 250 4WD over 1000 miles each way and hunted on snot slick dirt roads in Idaho. I bought chains for the tires. I did not get into bad stuff and roads were frozen most mornings then would freeze again after sunset so could have waited out a bad spot to drive out after road was solid again.

I rented a Ford Explorer but when showed up at airport the only 4WD on hand was an Expedition 4WD. This was for a TX aoudad hunt that was 30 miles down a rough, rock road. Sliced a tire in first 5 miles. Too big a slice to plug. Put on the spare. Thankfully, no other flats that hunt. Returned rental with the destroyed tire. Was one of 3 times have paid for full coverage on a rental. No additional charge for the flat though was obvious I had gone off paved roads just by the dust much less if they downloaded the GPS info rental cars collect.

Stay away from Sixt they are terrible with hidden charges, specifically bull shit window chips that you cant see. Plus they will let you book a specific truck online only to arrive and be told it's not available.
Other then them all my rentals have gone smooth

Try the Turo app. It's like uber or AirBnB for car rentals, people rent their own stuff. It sounded crazy to me but I know I couple guys who rent out their rigs and love it. You can correspond directly with the owner beforehand. I pulled it up just now and there are offerings in Laramie.

Try the Turo app. It's like uber or AirBnB for car rentals, people rent their own stuff. It sounded crazy to me but I know I couple guys who rent out their rigs and love it. You can correspond directly with the owner beforehand. I pulled it up just now and there are offerings in Laramie.

I would read the TOS, if your caught "off-highway" or non paved roads, the fees can be massive. Guess it depends if the owner is ok with it when you message them. But the vehicle can be tracked, so don't be surprised.

Last year, right before I had some family and a friend come into town to go archery elk hunting, my truck was side swiped by an RV. Their insurance rented me a truck and when I went to pick it up, the first thing I noticed was it had P rated tires and knew right away I was going to cut a tire or two where I was going. I did good right up until the last part of the road, where you had to climb over a couple of rocks and I ended up cutting one tire. I put the spare on and when I got to town, I stopped at Les Shwab and they sold me the same tire I cut for really cheap, like $30 mounted and out the door.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back