Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

CO 2nd season elk get together?

You sir, are a stand up guy. Ive already booked up my fall but am very pleased to see this kind of comradery on this forum. Good luck guys, im sure you will have a great time.

Pretty cool offer John and definitely love seeing the results of the bear hunts. I drew archery elk this year so I'm out but might have to hit you up in the future. I'll be rooting for you with the elk and the surgeries.

Hey everyone!! Wanted to bring this back up again to see if there's any interest for this year from people that might not have seen the post yet....

I nominate Cushman for the 2018 HT disabled Veteran hunt recipient. In our network we should be able to find him a spot be public or private that we can push is wheelchair up to a bull.

I'm not in a wheelchair yet LOL I was told by a doctor in Ft Hood that I'd be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40...told him to F himself and stick his opinion up his arse and walked out....I'm 45 now :cool:

I don't know if I would be able to make it this year or next year, but what a generous offer. This is something I would absolutely love to do

I'd take you up buddy, but my daughter has that deer tag. I'm thinking I'll hook up with you come archery antelope, but not 100% sure yet.

You just need to tell everyone you'll make tacos!

I have a 5 bedroom 2 bath house, so I can put up a good number of people. I have a bedroom with a double bed and set of bunk beds, plus a couple of rooms with queen size beds. Depending on how many are here, someone would get stuck in my daughter's old room that's girly as hell lol

I'll be needing a room in December, especially since I'm deer hunting in your backyard :rolleyes:

I'm not in a wheelchair yet LOL I was told by a doctor in Ft Hood that I'd be in a wheelchair by the time I was 40...told him to F himself and stick his opinion up his arse and walked out....I'm 45 now :cool:

20170401_123545.jpg

Perfect thing for ya...ha. can't make it out west twice in a month but pm sent.

OK, I've got 2 guys from here coming. I have a couple of maybes from other friends. I have a former Marine buddy who will come as well. I think what I'm going to do is forego my 2nd season elk and bear tags. I already have a muzzleloader cow tag, so I think I'm going to grab an e/s archery tag to go with it and hope either a muzzy or archery bear tag comes up in the leftovers. I figure I can get in there and learn the area a bit and have an idea of what's up during archery. I've gotten some good intel from a fellow HTer as well. So, I will be able to play more of a camp host/cook/bartender/barista/cigar supplier role during second season for everyone.

I'd still love a couple more guys to come on out :cool: OTC tags and a good success rate for 2nd season. I think it's 28% if I remember correctly.

Hey John, if you end up doing the 2nd season elk hunt I might go. We have a new baby coming a little before then, but depending on the units you're looking at I may be able to sneak away for a couple days...I may need to get out of the house when the in-laws show up anyway!

Super generous offer, John!! Which Unit(s) are you talking about? I live in Atlanta, so I would need to plan a flight into either Durango, Pagosa Springs, Colorado Springs, etc. I was looking at a drop camp, but nothing could be better than a group from HT.

You really think I'm going to spew information in the open forum? LOL I'm a little leery of bringing someone in on their first post, though. Come in, get to know people, participate a bit, then we'll talk. Hope you understand :cool:

You really think I'm going to spew information in the open forum? LOL I'm a little leery of bringing someone in on their first post, though. Come in, get to know people, participate a bit, then we'll talk. Hope you understand :cool:

Sorry John. Didn't intend to step on toes, but I understand the hesitation. No worries. I just found the site a few months ago, and have been reading like mad. I don't tend to do social media, so these posts are new territory for me. Last year was my first elk hunt, ashamed to say guided, to learn and find out if I could do the backcountry. Needless to say, I was hooked almost instantly.

If you want to PM me to discuss further, feel free. If not, again, I understand. Good luck to all if we don't get to meet up.

Back