Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Looking to buy a pack

PlusFive

I am looking to find a used, but 100 percent working, hunting pack. I am not stuck on any brand in particular. I would like to keep the price under 300 as I am a college student moving to Bozeman the first week of August. I have looked online, but am somewhat confused as to what I need. So I figured I would tell you what I plan on hunting, and how, and you folks that have done it can sell me what works. My hunts will be almost all, for the foreseeable future, day or two day hunts around Bozeman. I would guess that weight would be more important than size, but I do not want to compromise the ability to pack out meat long distances as of right now I do not have a hunting partner so I would have to pack out the meat by myself.

I am posting this post a little early as I would wait until I move out there to actually purchase the pack from the seller. If they live in the area I would meet, if not I would have it sent there once I get moved in. Thank you for any offers that come in!

If I were in your shoes I would be scouring the used market. I would rather have a high quality used pack, over a lower quality new one. A good pack is going to hold up to alot of use anyway. MR, SG, EXO, Kifaru are all good options.

I might wait until you get out to Bozeman too. Probably way more options on craigslist.

I am planning on the used market. Hoping to find one here for sale. Even the used mystery ranches and Kuiu go for 400 or more though.

I have a very lightly used Mystery Ranch bag and frame I would be willing to sell for $250. It's a great set up.

What the others have said. EXO, Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, etc. will fill your needs.

Give sdpeterman a PM quick!

Back