Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Nosler Accubonds Long Range

Addicting

Does anyone have experience with these? They are very pricey and Winchester came out with thier Expedition Long Range using the same bullet just a little heavier. I am wondering what the differences on target are because for my Man Bun it is $20 less a box. I ordered a box of each to try them in my rifle, just wondering what other experience is out there.

You should cut off the man bun then ask your question. We might take your more serious...

As to Accubond at long range: decidedly lethal. Shots at 350yds required no followup. I won't use anything else.

You asking about the Accubond Long Range bullet or the Accubond bullet at long range? mtmuley

You should cut off the man bun then ask your question. We might take your more serious...

As to Accubond at long range: decidedly lethal. Shots at 350yds required no followup. I won't use anything else.

Ah, you mean well placed shot's at 350yds require no follow up!

LOL, I figured Mtmuley would get a kick out of that phrase so I threw it in... I know how much he loves Creedmoor's. Unfortunately, the Army and Father time have me sporting a big balding spot now, no man bun for me...

You asking about the Accubond Long Range bullet or the Accubond bullet at long range? mtmuley

Not really the bullet, I am sold on Accubonds. I am searching out the factory loads offering them, I am wont be using Choice Ammunition anymore for a couple of reasons. So, it is will be one of these two factory offerings or save and learn how to reload.

The question is more of why do to seemingly equally advertised products using the same bullet have such a difference in cost. Usually you get what you pay for but I haven't had any bad experience with either manufactures high end ammo when I had my 25-06. If anyone has tried the two next to each other to see what the $20 difference is. Is it the nickel plated cases that Winchester uses? Besides that and the weight they appear very similar in performance.

Maybe this is a good one for Big Fin to ask his Nosler Rep if they could give us a side by side comparison.

Last edited:
The ABLR (150gr) shoots very well out of my 7mm Rem Mag. Very high BC (0.611 G1 for the 150gr.)

Note, only man buns at this house are fresh out of the over with pecans.

I can't believe Winchester uses "knockdown power" in their advertising description. Funny. mtmuley

Most the long range accubonds BC are highly inflated. I have used the 150gr 270cal and it worked well. I have heard reports of people not being able to get them to group well.
Doesn't hurt to try a box and see how they do.

I find it amazing that the one long range shooter need's a bonded type bullet and another a match bullet. And I'm not sure I get this. Are there two Nosler Accu Bond bullet's? If one is for long range, what's the other for?

I find it amazing that the one long range shooter need's a bonded type bullet and another a match bullet. And I'm not sure I get this. Are there two Nosler Accu Bond bullet's? If one is for long range, what's the other for?
Longer range... ;)

They are different in shape and IIRC the LR opens to a lower min velocity.

And the regular one is plenty good for long and longer range. I've used em both. mtmuley

Yea, I'd buy that.

Don part of the issue is that I have a 6.5 Creedmoor and there is so much hype and advertising along with YouTube makes one think they are going to shoot a mile and need everything LONG RANGE! I just want to shoot Accubonds but don't want to reloader this time. A few small hand loaded companies make 140g Accubonds but I had issues with the consistency from them. Nosler only offers a 140g with the ballistic tip for hunting. My guess is that thru thier R&D they found there is an issue with the 140g Accubonds in that Caliber so they don't offer it. Prob the same reason why the small manufacturers I've ordered from have similar issues. If I were running an AR10 platform or a looser bolt I probably wouldn't notice it as much.

My guess is the subtle difference in the ABLR at 129g performed well. Plus the bullets name, the hype, and good advertising gets people to pay 50 a box on sale $64.80 MSRP. Which I just did to test them. My original question was trying to figure out what the difference was with the new Winchester expeditions that they were on average 20 less. There is no official MSRP I could find but several sits show them list for $39.99. But those same sites could just do that as advertising because they charge around 32-34 a box.

For arguments sake: 64.80-39.99= 24.81 or 1.24 a round more for the Nosler over the Winchester. Both offer the same ABLR and are pretty close on the ballistic tables. What does that 1.24 get me besides a really long post about bullets?

I'd be shopping Craigslist for some used reloading equipment. I'm loading Hammer bullets for about $1.25 per round.

Wrong Bob. the Accubond Long Range is bonded. And to the OP, listen to JLS. mtmuley

Everything I read when they first came out was they came apart so mine are sitting on the shelf. The first 3 I ever shot were about .7 at 200 yards so they shot good. I moved away from Berger so maybe I need to re evaluate the ABLR.

Back