hoyt carbon defiant turbo

At a 29" draw I wouldn't' look at the turbo. I think the Turbo's are ok for folks with shorter draw lengths trying to get some more speed. The draw cycle is really harsh on the Turbo's.

I felt like my shoulder was going to rip off when I shot it. I am shooting a 16, Defiant 34.

I do own a 2016 defiant turbo and I have been shooting it well but unfortunately I had a little mishap with it and it's currently at Hoyt getting fixed. i don't know if I will get it back in time for my Sept 8th trip. So Im looking around.

At a 29" draw I wouldn't' look at the turbo. I think the Turbo's are ok for folks with shorter draw lengths trying to get some more speed. The draw cycle is really harsh on the Turbo's.

I felt like my shoulder was going to rip off when I shot it. I am shooting a 16, Defiant 34.

I shot a CD34 and CD Turbo side by side for 3 months. Sold the CD34 and kept the Turbo, so I think this opinion is pretty subjective. At the bottom end of the cam (I'm a 28.5" draw, so A or B Slot) I found the Turbo not bad at all and still getting better speeds than the 34 with the same arrow. Draw cycle is almost the same, but the Turbo does have a shorter valley which means you have to pull into the wall or it'll want to roll over and go...

I do own a 2016 defiant turbo and I have been shooting it well but unfortunately I had a little mishap with it and it's currently at Hoyt getting fixed. i don't know if I will get it back in time for my Sept 8th trip. So Im looking around.

Out of curiosity - what happened? My 2016 CD Turbo gets back from Hoyt this week from a warranty repair too. Had sold my backup so picked up a Prime Centergy Hybrid so I have something ready to go until I get the Turbo set up again.

Yeah the valley doesn't bother me cuz there is such a hard back wall.
I'm not proud to admit it... I had new vapor trails put on at a bow shop, had to make big adjustments right off the bat which I thought was weird. Got it home and paper tuned aND chrono'd.. My new vapor trails that did not have speed nocks shot 10 fps slower than my fuse string, and the guy said I didn't want them.... also my draw was different.. so I wanted to check my timing.. the timing was definitely off.. so trying to figure out what needs to be done I was using a hook on my basement ceiling.. when I pulled down and went to put all the pressure on the handle the bow jumped and essentially dry fired..
broke my top limb and limb pocket, ruined my new cablesand crappy string, broke all the pegs off in the cams, unsure if I ruined the cams, or axle, or even the bolt that adjusts draw weight... live and learn.

It went for warranty last summer for a cracked limb...

How long did it take your bow to get back to you?

So - mine was a little different, had a limb fail at full draw. No dry fire or anything like that, it just went on me. I've had good luck with Hoyts, but someone has to draw the short straw I guess... Went back to the dealer June 26th, not sure how long it took them to get it back to Hoyt, but I am expecting it back from Hoyt to the dealer tomorrow or Monday depending on UPS. The good news is, I was looking for an excuse to try a Prime, and having no bow forced my hand...

Sorry to hear about the failure - live and learn!

Ugh so about a month...

Hey Maxx what's your total arrow weight that you shoot out of your 34? Have you chrono'd that setup?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back