Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Drought Deer

brockel

Even though we have had only 3" of precipitation this whole year it still looks like the deer are doing good. Friend and I have found a couple good bucks on some blm but im sure they will be deep into private by the time season rolls around as they are already starting to drift that direction. Might have to actually hunt deer for myself instead of spending most of my free time helping the wife find her a deer and then trying to put an elk in the freezer with the rest of my vacation days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This guys is right on the edge of BLM right now. Hope he sticks around for another month and a half so I can chase him with my bow

attachment.php

attachment.php

This guys bounces back and forth between private and blm but lately hes been going deeper into the private ground.
attachment.php

This is a terrible cellphone picture but this little guy has some serious wart problem on his neck it looks like. Ive seen a doe this year miles from this one that also had the same growths.

Dayum!!! Good luck on getting any of them! My area has been hit pretty hard by drought but the antelope bucks are looking good this year.

I've seen those growths before. The one I saw was filled with puss, has to be miserable for the guy. I don't think I ever heard from FWP if they knew what causes it.

I think those are probably Cutaneous fibromas, and are cause by a type of papilloma virus. I think it is primarily transmitted by biting insects. From what I have seen on it, it seems like a temporary condition.

Nice pics!

I think those are probably Cutaneous fibromas, and are cause by a type of papilloma virus. I think it is primarily transmitted by biting insects. From what I have seen on it, it seems like a temporary condition.

This. The virus is species-specific so not a threat to people. Usually the immune system will eventually take care of it. But occasionally they develop into severe cases or grow in places that interfere with feeding, drinking, vision, etc. and can cause more serious problems.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back