Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Crappie fishing with dad

Man that's awesome. Good memories. Crappie fishing was pretty much the only fishing I did with my dad. No better eating fish imo

Congrats mainly on the time with your dad, but for the fish too! I really enjoy your posts, reminds me of the times my family used to crappie fish on Owyhee reservoir.

Post of the month!!! That is an awesome picture of a great day - Never too old for memories...

That doesn't seem very crappie at all :rolleyes:

Is that on the Powder River arm? How's the cats doing? Looks like he's got one there. If I came over and stayed at the park, any bank fishing? Never tried the Powder River arm.

When I was a kid he was a construction superintendent working 300 miles or more from home. He would drive home Friday night, drive to a lake Saturday morning and row me around all day so I could fish. I didn't at the time but now know what an effort that took. I'm going to try to get him on the water every week this summer.

Is that on the Powder River arm? How's the cats doing? Looks like he's got one there. If I came over and stayed at the park, any bank fishing? Never tried the Powder River arm.

That is the Powder Arm. Cats are active. I took a party out Saturday that caught 23 in 4 hours. I think you could catch some from the bank, especially at night. If you come let me know and I'll give you some idea of where to try.

That is the Powder Arm. Cats are active. I took a party out Saturday that caught 23 in 4 hours. I think you could catch some from the bank, especially at night. If you come let me know and I'll give you some idea of where to try.

I will let you know!

Back