MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Favorite "Trophy"

SD-Esox

What's your favorite, most memorable trophy/hunt.
I hear a lot of people always talking score and antler size. But for me when I look at my wall wall of antlers (to this day at the age of 42) my favorite one to look at and ponder on is a little 4 x 4 whitetail probably measures just over 100". I was 17 yrs old and my dad had decided I was mature enough to leave his side and start doing some hunting on my own. I ventured out from our normal hunting area in the Black Hills and learned a new spot all on my own. Learning th deer habits for that area. And one God graced morning I took that buck and did everything on my own all the way to the freezer with him. I could feel the pride my dad had for me to accomplish this all on my own. At just over a 100" he is no trophy by any tape measure means but this came at a time when the Black Hills in SD was an Unlimited buck tag hunt it just took a trip to the hardware store to get a tag and any thing with an antler taller than its hair was running scared.

My favorite trophy and hunt was my Idaho bighorn. Tough hunt in some of most spectacular wilderness there is. Took my ram on the 2nd to last day of the season. Native sheep there tend to be small, the taxidermist used a dall sheep form to mount him. Don't really care what he scores, he's a trophy in my book.

CCI03162014_0007.jpg

This Pronghorn is no book, 62". But it was my first DIY, public land, draw the tag, do all the research, whiff on a bunch with my bow, low crawl 300 yrs to get in range goat. I feel like I earned every bit of this hunt. That's why he's on the wall. He was definitely old. And hooked me on goat hunting. Sweetest and most tender loin I've ever had.

FB_IMG_1501013631464.jpg

My son's first buck.....He shot it while sitting next to me in a ground blind in the middle of a corn field back home in Indiana :)

Back