Early cow hunt in WY 114

z7elkhunter

A group of us drew antelope tags in WY unit 50 for this fall. When the left over list came out I noticed there were a few cow tags left for 114 so we applied and my buddy drew one. I have done a stupid amount of research for our antelope hunt. I have purchased and been using ONX Maps of course, called F&G with questions, read the regulations a few dozen times, marked every county road and public access location in the unit, marked every water source and high spot to glass from and spent hours and hours marking antelope herds on Google Earth. I feel pretty confident that we will have a good time on the antelope hunt.

I have also done quite a bit of research to try and help my buddy fill his cow tag but I am not coming up with very much useful information other than what is accessible and what is not. It doesn't look like the typical terrain that we are used to hunting elk in. Just wondering if anyone has hunted 114 early season and is it doable for public land hunters or did he just donate a tag fee to the cause?

Back