Caribou Gear Tarp

Under armor, Kryptek, or first lite

JWhunter

What camo do you like the most archery hunting... I like the Asat in first lite and highlander in kryptek but, I was just wondering what people had to say about the quality.

Honestly I would worry less about the camo pattern and more about the build quality and materials used. If the elk gets downwind of you or catches you moving you are busted, no matter what pattern you are wearing.

I really like my First Lite clothes. I have never used Kryptek or Under Armor so I can't really comment on them.

I've had a first lite Max 1 shirt I wore for years. I liked the fit of it being a bigger guy. The other top brands seem to have a more 'athletic' fit and don't always work good for me. The quality is good and has lasted for a few years, and still has more life left in it. I've been using Sitka the last couple of years and am very impressed by the quality and function...I just need to lose a few more pounds :cool:

Camo pattern doesnt mean much. And it depends on where you're going. Material is everything. I've thrown out all my under armour stuff. Stinks

I realize quality is important I specifically said at the end... what do you have to say about the quality I was just giving the ones I was looking at.

Go with First Lite... Under armor makes plastic clothes, so they tent to stink to high heaven and you can rarely ever get the stench out!

I like FL. I have a Kryptek Sherpa hoody I really like, but everything else I've seen in their lineup doesn't appeal much to me. I don't even look at UA.

I like my firstlite gear. Although I will say I have completely ruined a pair of kanabs. They don't see to hold up very well with the CO oak brush. I buy solid colors.

No UA for me.. Wear them a few times and they stink no matter how you wash them . I prefer first light merinos. Sitka and kuiu for pants and jackets

Core4element makes some good stuff too.
Wash it in scent free soap whatever you decide on.
A camo pattern with a mix of light and dark tones works great in the timber. Doesn't have to match the foliage.

UA used to produce some decent hunting clothes. Anymore its PURE JUNK. Can't comment on kryptek but I love my FL stuff. I seem to add something from FL each year

You couldn't pay my hunting partners to share a tent with me after 3 days of hunting in UA. I bought a shirt from them in the bargain cave once for almost nothing. After one short MN deer hunt I never wore it again. I can't imagine what it would smell like on a mountain hunt.

I've never been disappointed with anything I've bought from FL. I've never tried Kryptek.

Under Armor is junk. I wear FL both base and outer, also have a couple Sitka outer garments. Anything synthetic next to skin is ruined when the first bead of sweat out of the human body touches it.

Last edited:
I bought a bunch of Under Armour clothing when I first got into elk hunting. The only thing I have left is a blaze orange, fleece beanie that has served me well, the rest is all looooong gone...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back