MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Fire by Jordan Montana

gregt9146

How big is this fire? is it getting contained? I hope people in the path of this fire are able to get out without much loss to farms/ranches and that the fire fighting crews able to save as much as possible and get thing thing contained and put out. Are there any other fires out in that area or west of there in the Winnett area.

For those that remember him and his boys, Two Dot, has been able to save his house. His son posted on another forum that they were able to hold the fire off about 160yds from the house. Discing and burning additional defensible space.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5399/

226,000 acres as of last estimate. 0% contained. Rangeland fires burn at a rate that would be dangerous to get in front of so I'm sure a lot of the work is being put into protecting structures.

Inciweb and Active Fire Maps are the two sources you need to follow.

It's a beast. Photos coming out of it are astounding. Locals have set up a facebook page to help on the calls for donationss, so people aren't sending this that will go unused. Gov declared state of emergency yesterday, hearing lots more resources on it's way.
Stay safe and pray for rain.

I know people on this fire. Big, dangerous and erratic. I have heard certain people on social media who have blamed this fire and the fact that structures have burned on politicians or firefighters being gutless.

Supposedly Horses were burning up and running around on fire. It jumped the Musselshell a few times, and jumped firelines 4 dozer widths wide. Red flag conditions over the weekend and fires all over the state spreading resources thin. When it exploded and made its runs, I don't think it would have mattered if there were 300 people or 3000 on this fire. At times the only thing to do is get out of the way. Hopefully conditions turn around.

My 2 cents.

I drove through it on Saturday and Sunday when they had 200 temporarily open. It was pretty incredible to see how much has burned. There's no stopping a fire that size.

20170722_115829.jpg

20170722_115839.jpg

I can't believe how fast this thing took off. Damn. Money sent to the people in Jordan.

I sure do hope this get this blaze under control and fast. Way to much has burned as it is.

For those that remember him and his boys, Two Dot, has been able to save his house. His son posted on another forum that they were able to hold the fire off about 160yds from the house. Discing and burning additional defensible space.

Remember two dot well. Good guy glad his place is okay out there.

I just received Jon Tester's email about the fires. He mentioned that the regional FEMA Director denied funding for the Lodgepole fire. It seems penny-wise and pound foolish to do so. In a perfect world we the people would examine the actions and votes of our representatives and vote accordingly. Unfortunately we seem to have a ten second attention span in the day of thirty second sound bites, and all they have to do is say, "Look! Shiny things!" and we forget their record. Too bad we can't put out fires with Tomahawk Missiles.

I just sent a donation. Looks bad. Drove from Brockway to Great Falls on July 15th and the area looked really dry all the way to almost Lewistown. Hopefully the weather will change and they will get some rain soon

I just received Jon Tester's email about the fires. He mentioned that the regional FEMA Director denied funding for the Lodgepole fire. It seems penny-wise and pound foolish to do so. In a perfect world we the people would examine the actions and votes of our representatives and vote accordingly. Unfortunately we seem to have a ten second attention span in the day of thirty second sound bites, and all they have to do is say, "Look! Shiny things!" and we forget their record. Too bad we can't put out fires with Tomahawk Missiles.

When dealing with the Public lands transfer nuts, one should remember to point to this as an indication of how the Federal Government will respond to fires on state ground.

Update posted by Two Dot on another site:

Flave, thanksfor posting this up. I would rather have the prayers of earnest people than, a fire truck at my doorstep at these times. Sereriously. Thank all of you . We were the first people on site at the Crying Fire and it connected with the Lodgepole Complex fires about four hundred yards south of us. The boys and i have been nonstop for about six days and are finally getting a break today. Sent them to winnett for supplies and a needed break from the old man. I am so proud to have been in on this kind of nasty encounter with my sons that i seriously can not express it. They got a good crash course in the manly arts this week in bulldozing, pulaski use, felling burning trees with chainsaws and most important, obeying orderss from old dad even when he does not have time to explain. They did it all week with out complaint or pay and i can,t thank them enough. We had fire on all four sides at diferent times this week and were told to evacuate two or three times, but we litterally dug in and prayed that all our efforts would be good. They were. Many thanks to the folks who come take the impossible job of fighting these fires. It may be fun running around in fancy equiptment, but they also got to get up close and damn hot at times. Job well done by all BLM and local fire fighters. Special thanks to the Crew from Fort Belknap Res. Who helped us over and above thejob description geting a line started in some
Nasty thick timber. Big balls on these guys. Could go on and on with thanks and still miss many because of the rush of all actions. Bottom line is, dont pass a chance to pray for your friends.

Drove by this on our way back to ND last Friday and it is one MASSIVE beast. Prayers for all involved.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back