Caribou Gear Tarp

Help Needed for Old Eyes!

PaJay 1962

OK, there have to be quite a few people who have had this same issue. I drew a ML tag for deer on CO this year - a state requiring open sights only. My gun shoots very well with the scope, but I have to remove it and use the fiber optic sights on it now. I am now going to be 55 years old in a couple of months, need glasses to see distance, but if I wear my glasses the sights are blurry. Take the glasses off, the sights are clear but the target is blurry! You see where I'm going - anything out there to remedy this situation that would be legal in CO? The best I can do right now is have the 3 blurry fiber optic dots in a row and aim, but I'm hoping there's another option.

Thanks
Jay

Thanks - I had just noticed some people talking about improving accuracy on their guns using open sights by using the peep. I'll check them out.

Jay

The worse my vision got, the harder it was to see through the tiny hole of my Lyman peep while wearing bifocals. I even took the disc w the peep hole out completely and sighted through the hole the disc threads into, which is my current setup on that rifle. My other muzzleloader has fiber optic dayglo ghost ring sights, which to me are a huge improvement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back