Yeti GOBOX Collection

Mt bonus points

mixedbag

Ok,so I must be a complete idiot,but I can't find where on their website to go to buy points.Can someone walk me thru this?I tried to do it the way Wyoming has theirs set up,but theirs is different.And I can't find the link on site to go to to buy them.Definitely like the fact I can just buy points and not lose a bunch of money to do so
Thanks for any help

Tried that yesterday.I guess I was too tired.Try it again later today,thanks

Tried again and still won't let me buy anything.When I submit bonus point purchase and submit,it goes right back to original screen and says I didn't pick anything.Driving me nuts.I click on bonus points and it recognizes that till I press submit.Then nothing,crazy.Please Montana take my money already

I'm having the exact same problem! Glad it's not just me, I was feeling like an idiot. I plan on calling this week

Just purchased my first MT NR Elk and Deer bonus points. This is after I purchased my first ever points - WY Antelope and Deer. Thanks to Randy, his shows and many on this forum I'm on my way to building points and doing my western hunts.

Guys....is it too late to buy any MT points now?
Thread looks a little old....but ( homers) just posted an update today.
Any info is great.

10Dogs

It is my understanding that you must be applying for a draw tag to the buy bonus points. Have never tried to buy strictly bonus points as I put in for elk, sheep, deer, antelope draw areas each year and buy the points associated with them. I could be wrong but this is my current understanding. MTG

It is my understanding that you must be applying for a draw tag to the buy bonus points. Have never tried to buy strictly bonus points as I put in for elk, sheep, deer, antelope draw areas each year and buy the points associated with them. I could be wrong but this is my current understanding. MTG

I'm no expert but MT F&G web site says they sell late points for Elk, deer and antelope, but not for sheep, goat or moose http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/licenses/drawings/bonusPoints.html

I think there is a lot of confusion on this, and I'm not too clear on it myself. I purchased a preference point that can be used to draw the general tag, either elk, deer, or big-game combo.

Also, you can now buy bonus points after the draw has completed, where as previously you had to apply to acquire these. These are used in permit applications after you have already drawn a general tag, in the case of deer and elk, and in the only draw for other species that don't have a general tag. I bought a bonus point for pronghorn.

Does this sound accurate?

OK, I read the MTFW&P rules as to bonus point acquisition. Seems a resident or nonresident can indeed buy bonus points after the draw dates have passed. But, the prices are higher for each. If a nonresident wants to purchase the goat, sheep, moose points after the draw date has passed they should hold onto their respective shorts as the points are quite pricey. This, in itself, is no quarantee that anyone, resident or nonresident will draw any respective tag. But, if a person has deep pockets,lots of time and $$$, he or she can do do. Montana will accept your $$$. BTW, I have been applying for bighorn for 14 years now, bought the bonus points as a resident mind you. Have not been drawn for sheep. I did draw a mountain goat tag after 7 years of applying and bonus points. All I can say at this point is apply in multiple states, dream big and go for it if you are successful. Good luck gentlemen!

Back