Montana Spring Bear

Stretcher_Jockey

Some friends and I are looking at going on a spring bear hunt next year in Montana. Just seems like a great time of year to experience Montana for the first time. I have a little bit of black bear experience here in TN, granted baiting is a regular practice here. But I've always been interested in a true spot and stalk black bear hunt.

I know residents get ample OTC opportunities for black bears. Is the same true for non residents? And if so, when should I be looking for them to go on sale. Also what general areas should we focus in on where we would be able to get tags?

Season opens 4/15. You can buy anytime prior to that OTC good for any unit in the state that is open for bear. 510, 520, and 700 have quotas that you need to be aware of. 510 usually hits the quota in the first 2 weeks. 520 could hit it in 2-3 or last the whole season depending on the year. 700 isn't worth your time. Any of the districts west of Billings will have bear opportunity. A lot of the districts close 5/31, but several of the more mountainous ones stay open till 6/15. Have fun and good luck!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back