Yo! Hey You's!!

Greenbear

Just wanted to send a greeting from the land of Rocky, cheesesteaks, and soft pretzels. Although I grew up about 20 minutes west of the city, I now live half-way between Phila and Lancaster, and don't really talk like I'm from Philly ;) My traffic jams now consist of tractors and horse and buggies. Found OYOA/Fresh Tracks a little while ago and have been watching ever since. I've been reading for a little while now and figure I'd dive in and become part of this knowledgeable community. I look forward to talking and learning.

Hey there! I lived in Philly and Delco on and off for 5 years. The old Spectrum was THE best place to see a concert!! Damn I miss real cheesesteaks!

Haha... Many concerts, Flyers games (and a few Sixers games too). I grew up in Delco- Broomall, specifically...

Dad went to Bonner and Mom went to Lansdowne-Aldan (Now PennWood).

Nice to meet you!

I lived in Sharon Hill, Folcroft, and Collingdale. I got there from being stationed at the old Naval hospital when it was a full hospital after being told I couldn't be a medic with the Marines anymore. I mostly worked in the shipyard. I got out of the Navy there and stayed. Moved away for a while and moved back. Knocked the old lady up and both families wanted us to move back to upstate/western NY. I was a bouncer at the Trocadero for a while when I got out and did culinary school at CCP. I worked at the Airport Ramada for a while and Cherry Hills country club.

Last edited:
Ugh I had no idea there was so much Philly/South Jeresey here. Welcome I guess :rolleyes: Just kidding

Greetings from Fruitopia. I'm long removed from the region as well.

I still miss those pretzels. Dad used to bring a bag or two home from work every Friday. :)

Back