Caribou Gear Tarp

2016 Tacoma Transmission Issues

Interesting topic.Traded for a 2016 Tacoma Sport model had 12k miles on it. It has the 6 sp and so far I haven't felt a problem.
I've put 12k plus miles on it since Feb and 80% of it is dirt going to and from my house to my work place,(fire lookout) the roads this time of year have totally been washed boarded out by flat land idiots.
Other half traded his old reg cab Toyota 2011 4x4 it had 98k miles on it for a 2016 Tacoma TRD auto trans with 15k miles he uses it for work from the house to his lookout and he hasn't complained about the tranny. Maybe he driven his old 98 3/4 t dodge to long. LOL

IMO it's never a good idea to be an early adopter on a brand new generation of anything. Now that my 2012 Taco is paid off I'll drive it to the ground and pick up a few models years into the 5th gen in 2027....;)

I was told by a Toyota mech that one should wait for 2 yrs for a models bugs to be worked out. I got a '98 and have never had issues.329k now.
I do switch the overdrive off when I need to be climbing or loaded/towing like the book says. This did seem to stop the shifting up & down issue,like the manual says to do...LOL
I have a '01 F-150 too & am lucky it is a in between the mistakes/fixes models...so far.

Back