MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Shiny Broadheads

Wheaty17

Anybody have an opinion about broadheads that give off a glare because of their shine/steel finish? Will they spook game?

Last edited:
hey Wheaty, Yes, I have been on a deer hunt where my partners broadhead reflected in the sunlight. I have spray painted some of my equipment with flat paint to keep this from happening. But, a better fix for me is to stay out of the sun whenever possible..

If there's glare off a broadhead, chances are theres glare off your face or you're sky lining yourself.

The first Bull I ever called in came to about 1 1/2 feet with my broadhead shaking in the sun next to his hide. Closest kill was about 2 steps.

You're gettin twisted up over nothing.

Keep in mind, an elk will be looking at the broadhead head on. I view this as the same as worried about seeing my white feathers/vanes. If they are close enough to see the vanes while I am at full draw, the string is dropped.

Keep in mind, an elk will be looking at the broadhead head on. I view this as the same as worried about seeing my white feathers/vanes. If they are close enough to see the vanes while I am at full draw, the string is dropped.

Really no garuntee they'll come in head on.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back