Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho unit 42 access

Wyhunter

Good evening all! I drew the pronghorn rifle unit 42 hunt this year. I know the western half of the unit very well. Ive drawn the deer hunt out there and have hunted 2 points multiple times. I know of quite a few pronghorn groups out there, but I am wanting to explore a little more. My question is... What is the best access to the pole creek wilderness area and dickshooter? From what I've been told, you have to pass through private property and need a gate code. Does anyone know the land owners name so I can contact them for permission? Or know of another way to access the area?

Drew the tag in '84 - shot a good buck near Big Springs Ranch which is on the east side. Had a 42 sheep tag in '07 - was a herd of lopes right on the Oregon - Idaho border of 50 or so animals that year.

Last edited:
What do you have against contacting the ranchers to attain access? It's the old fashioned way and still works today.

Did you read my question? Id like to know who I'm contacting to insure I'm asking the right person for permission. Thank you for the info fowl hunter

Did you read my question? Id like to know who I'm contacting to insure I'm asking the right person for permission. Thank you for the info fowl hunter
Hey were you able to get access? I'm trying to figure out the same issue that you experienced. Any input on that hunt? My dad drew it finally and we are heading out this weekend. Scouted 41 a bit but saw a few does but not much else. my email is [email protected] if thats easier!

Hey were you able to get access? I'm trying to figure out the same issue that you experienced. Any input on that hunt? My dad drew it finally and we are heading out this weekend. Scouted 41 a bit but saw a few does but not much else. my email is [email protected] if thats easier!
I ended up hunting the western portion of the unit that I knew well. Shot a 14" at first light opening morning. Never explored or hunted that unit again. There are a few guys on here that hunt that area of the state religiously. Start a new thread by introducing yourself and asking for some general info. They might give you the information youre looking for.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back