Leupold LRP scopes

freebird63

Am considering a new scope for my 300 RUM, have to have a new scope for my Idaho unit 40 late mule deer hunt..lol
I was thinking about a nightforce SHV 5-20X56 and a burris XTR2 5-25X50 or a Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27X50 and last but not least the Leupold LRP 8.5-25X50

Who on here besides big fin have used the LPR scopes....of course big fin please chime in on this. Really the only thing that kinda turns me off is the low power being 8.5, where most scopes in that power range are starting at either 5 or 6 power.

Thanks all.
Chuck

Last edited:
Am considering a new scope for my 300 RUM, have to have a new scope for my Idaho unit 40 late mule deer hunt..lol
I was thinking about a nightforce SHV 5-20X56 and a burris XTR2 5-25X50 or a Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27X50 and last but not least the Leupold LRP 8.5-25X50

Who on here besides big fin have used the LPR scopes....of course big fin please chime in on this. Really the only thing that kinda turns me off is the low power being 8.5, where most scopes in that power range are starting at either 5 or 6 power.

Thanks all.
Chuck

Why not the 6.5X20 LPR? PM me, I can quote some of these Leupold scopes for you, You might be surprised at the prices.

When I was at the range a few weekends ago, one of the gunsmiths from Nosler was shooting one of their new long range rifles in 30 Nosler, and it had a 6.5x20 LRP on it. We got to talking and he let me shoot a few rounds on it. I was very impressed with both the rifle and the scope. Cranked up to 20, the clarity on the scope was still great. Made me want one.

Not sure why a fella would want more than 20x magnification on a hunting scope.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back