Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Posting pics ?

HUNTNNW

So I have been apart of hunting forums the last 10 years and have always used photobucket to load pics onto threads . Well now photobucket has banned it unless you have a $400 a year "third party" membership . What are you guys using to post pics on here ? Some forums have a attachment icon on the reply or new thread page and can upload pics right off phone to page. I don't see that on here .

so everything seems to work..clicked on the pic icon.. asks to get pics "from computer" or "from url" the url one seems to work as it has the icon at the bottom once you are done to hit "okay" or "cancel" the one" from computer" pops up asks to "take a photo" or " photo library" I select a photo it loads it on to the screen and there is no "okay" or "cancel" option cant do anything to make it work.

After choose photo option, allowing a few moments for your device to select the photo, you need to select the next button.....""upload file/s". It takes a few more seconds, and in your reply box you will then see the

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
That's the problem I have no next button. next to "choose file" it shows a small thumbnail pic of what I have selected. right under the "choose file" is a "upload file(s)" click on that and nothing

The other option is to use Flickr, just like Photobucket. That might come back to bite us I the tail, but I have been using it for the last year or so.

DSCF3433.jpg

test picture using the image insert. Have always used photobucket, but if this works that would be much quicker.

elk bugle.jpeg

I have a mac and for the last step I click the upload file(s) below the file you are uploading. I had to click it twice and it works.

i have tried clicking it twice. May have to load pics now on flicker as photobucket is no longer available

So I have been apart of hunting forums the last 10 years and have always used photobucket to load pics onto threads . Well now photobucket has banned it unless you have a $400 a year "third party" membership . What are you guys using to post pics on here ? Some forums have a attachment icon on the reply or new thread page and can upload pics right off phone to page. I don't see that on here .

I posted a pic from Photobucket on another site a couple of weeks ago. I don't have a "third party membership"; as a matter of fact, I've never paid for anything on PB. When you right click on the pic you want to post and get the dialog box with 4 options, pick the "img" option to copy it. When you "paste" it on the website you're transferring it to, add {img} to the front and back of the PB code line. I think that's how it worked.

In Post #14 that follows, I will provide the step by step of how this pic got posted.

IMG_0533.jpg

I posted a pic from Photobucket on another site a couple of weeks ago. I don't have a "third party membership"; as a matter of fact, I've never paid for anything on PB. When you right click on the pic you want to post and get the dialog box with 4 options, pick the "img" option to copy it. When you "paste" it on the website you're transferring it to, add {img} to the front and back of the PB code line. I think that's how it worked.

Your nasty gram from Photobucket will be coming soon if you've ever posted the link to PB.. My photos are still visible, but I got the ransom note a few weeks ago.

Step 1 - Click on this icon and it will say "Insert Image"
Pic 1.png

Step 2 - What it looks like when you click on the icon. Select the left tab that says "From Computer." Then hit the button at the bottom of the box to "Select Files.

Pic 2.png

Step 3 - It will then ask you where the file is located on your computer. When you highlight the image file, it will look like this.
Pic 3.jpg

Step 4 - Double click the image file on your computer and it will show up in the upload box as being ready to upload. Hit the "Upload Files" button and it will start the upload process.
Pic 4.jpg

Step 5 - While uploading, it will look like this.
Pic 5.png

Step 6 - When the upload is complete, it will look like this. It will show and "attachment" is now in your post.
Pic 6.png

You click "preview post" and it will show you what it will look like in your post.
Pic 7.jpg

- Fill in whatever text and story you want to add, either before or after your image, and you are set to finalize your post.

- As with all posts, hit "Submit Reply" and your post, with the photo image, will be just like what you saw in Post #12 below.

Since I started using my Iphone for photos, the sideways image has vexed me. Now, no one has EVER accused me of being on the front end of the bell curve when it comes to technological intelligence, so this isn't likely cutting edge stuff for anyone. However, the fix was a easy as downloading a different camera app. Turns out the IPhone camera only has one orientation it recognizes.

One of the photos was taken in portrait and one was taken in landscape. Amazingly enough, both showed up in the correct orientation. Both were inserted via the method Big Fin just outlined. Now I can just use Flickr to store images and not worry about third party hosting issues.

Test

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
so step #2 the "select files" icon is not showing on my iphone everything else looks the same. I noticed the steps are from a computer and not a smart phone is why I am having issues. I did get it to work for some pics. It took quite awhile to work.

Last edited:
its coming.. all my pics I have posted on here are no longer available. you click on the unavailable pic and it will take you to photobucket and describe 3rd party hosting and you will have to sign up at $399 a year to use that feature again

so step #2 the "select files" icon is not showing on my iphone everything else looks the same. I noticed the steps are from a computer and not a smart phone is why I am having issues. I did get it to work for some pics. It took quite awhile to work.

It is identical experience with any device. It is there, somewhere.

HUNTNNW:

On my iPad, the words "choose file" are there, and it looks like a clickable button. Once the image has been "chosen", the "upload file/s" just below the "choose file" button is there, but it doesn't show up as a "clickable" button. Clicking on the "Upload file/s" finishes the process. On my iPad, I can only choose one picture at a time. If i attempt to add more than one image on my iPad, it only loads the last one selected. On my computers, any number of attachments (pictures) can be chosen and uploaded.

Hope this helps

its coming.. all my pics I have posted on here are no longer available. you click on the unavailable pic and it will take you to photobucket and describe 3rd party hosting and you will have to sign up at $399 a year to use that feature again

Your nasty gram from Photobucket will be coming soon if you've ever posted the link to PB.. My photos are still visible, but I got the ransom note a few weeks ago.

Guess I'll have to hide under the bed until the danger has passed. Thanks for the warning!

Back