Thread: Posting pics ?

Default Posting pics ?

So I have been apart of hunting forums the last 10 years and have always used photobucket to load pics onto threads . Well now photobucket has banned it unless you have a $400 a year "third party" membership . What are you guys using to post pics on here ? Some forums have a attachment icon on the reply or new thread page and can upload pics right off phone to page. I don't see that on here .

See below, circled in red.

Name:  HT pics.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  52.6 KB
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run outta health before you run outta money."

thanks! figured I was missing something

so everything seems to work..clicked on the pic icon.. asks to get pics "from computer" or "from url" the url one seems to work as it has the icon at the bottom once you are done to hit "okay" or "cancel" the one" from computer" pops up asks to "take a photo" or " photo library" I select a photo it loads it on to the screen and there is no "okay" or "cancel" option cant do anything to make it work.

After choose photo option, allowing a few moments for your device to select the photo, you need to select the next button.....""upload file/s". It takes a few more seconds, and in your reply box you will then see the [attach] on your screen. If you wish to view that you indeed selected the desired photo before posting, you can click on "go advanced" on the bottom right of the reply box to get a preview of you post with photo showing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kansasdad; 07-26-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

That's the problem I have no next button. next to "choose file" it shows a small thumbnail pic of what I have selected. right under the "choose file" is a "upload file(s)" click on that and nothing

The other option is to use Flickr, just like Photobucket. That might come back to bite us I the tail, but I have been using it for the last year or so.

Name:  DSCF3433.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  45.7 KB

test picture using the image insert. Have always used photobucket, but if this works that would be much quicker.
    Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Name:  elk bugle.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  15.5 KB

I have a mac and for the last step I click the upload file(s) below the file you are uploading. I had to click it twice and it works.

i have tried clicking it twice. May have to load pics now on flicker as photobucket is no longer available

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTNNW View Post
    So I have been apart of hunting forums the last 10 years and have always used photobucket to load pics onto threads . Well now photobucket has banned it unless you have a $400 a year "third party" membership . What are you guys using to post pics on here ? Some forums have a attachment icon on the reply or new thread page and can upload pics right off phone to page. I don't see that on here .
    I posted a pic from Photobucket on another site a couple of weeks ago. I don't have a "third party membership"; as a matter of fact, I've never paid for anything on PB. When you right click on the pic you want to post and get the dialog box with 4 options, pick the "img" option to copy it. When you "paste" it on the website you're transferring it to, add {img} to the front and back of the PB code line. I think that's how it worked.

In Post #14 that follows, I will provide the step by step of how this pic got posted.

Name:  IMG_0533.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  42.7 KB
    My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I posted a pic from Photobucket on another site a couple of weeks ago. I don't have a "third party membership"; as a matter of fact, I've never paid for anything on PB. When you right click on the pic you want to post and get the dialog box with 4 options, pick the "img" option to copy it. When you "paste" it on the website you're transferring it to, add {img} to the front and back of the PB code line. I think that's how it worked.

Your nasty gram from Photobucket will be coming soon if you've ever posted the link to PB.. My photos are still visible, but I got the ransom note a few weeks ago.
    Fear the beard....

Step 1 - Click on this icon and it will say "Insert Image"
    Name:  Pic 1.png
Views: 137
Size:  18.2 KB

Step 2 - What it looks like when you click on the icon. Select the left tab that says "From Computer." Then hit the button at the bottom of the box to "Select Files.

Name:  Pic 2.png
Views: 146
Size:  20.8 KB

Step 3 - It will then ask you where the file is located on your computer. When you highlight the image file, it will look like this.
    Name:  Pic 3.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  35.4 KB

Step 4 - Double click the image file on your computer and it will show up in the upload box as being ready to upload. Hit the "Upload Files" button and it will start the upload process.
    Name:  Pic 4.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  27.0 KB

Step 5 - While uploading, it will look like this.
    Name:  Pic 5.png
Views: 141
Size:  13.0 KB

Step 6 - When the upload is complete, it will look like this. It will show and "attachment" is now in your post.
    Name:  Pic 6.png
Views: 138
Size:  17.6 KB

You click "preview post" and it will show you what it will look like in your post.
    Name:  Pic 7.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  62.8 KB

- Fill in whatever text and story you want to add, either before or after your image, and you are set to finalize your post.

- As with all posts, hit "Submit Reply" and your post, with the photo image, will be just like what you saw in Post #12 below.

Since I started using my Iphone for photos, the sideways image has vexed me. Now, no one has EVER accused me of being on the front end of the bell curve when it comes to technological intelligence, so this isn't likely cutting edge stuff for anyone. However, the fix was a easy as downloading a different camera app. Turns out the IPhone camera only has one orientation it recognizes.

One of the photos was taken in portrait and one was taken in landscape. Amazingly enough, both showed up in the correct orientation. Both were inserted via the method Big Fin just outlined. Now I can just use Flickr to store images and not worry about third party hosting issues.

Test

Name:  IMG_0572.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  57.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0573.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  41.4 KB
    Last edited by JLS; 08-06-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Fear the beard....

so step #2 the "select files" icon is not showing on my iphone everything else looks the same. I noticed the steps are from a computer and not a smart phone is why I am having issues. I did get it to work for some pics. It took quite awhile to work.
    Last edited by HUNTNNW; 08-07-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    its coming.. all my pics I have posted on here are no longer available. you click on the unavailable pic and it will take you to photobucket and describe 3rd party hosting and you will have to sign up at $399 a year to use that feature again

so step #2 the "select files" icon is not showing on my iphone everything else looks the same. I noticed the steps are from a computer and not a smart phone is why I am having issues. I did get it to work for some pics. It took quite awhile to work.
    It is identical experience with any device. It is there, somewhere.

HUNTNNW:

On my iPad, the words "choose file" are there, and it looks like a clickable button. Once the image has been "chosen", the "upload file/s" just below the "choose file" button is there, but it doesn't show up as a "clickable" button. Clicking on the "Upload file/s" finishes the process. On my iPad, I can only choose one picture at a time. If i attempt to add more than one image on my iPad, it only loads the last one selected. On my computers, any number of attachments (pictures) can be chosen and uploaded.

Hope this helps
    No one can go back and make a brand new start, however anyone can start from now and make a new ending.

20. Default

its coming.. all my pics I have posted on here are no longer available. you click on the unavailable pic and it will take you to photobucket and describe 3rd party hosting and you will have to sign up at $399 a year to use that feature again
    Quote Originally Posted by JLS View Post
    Your nasty gram from Photobucket will be coming soon if you've ever posted the link to PB.. My photos are still visible, but I got the ransom note a few weeks ago.
    Guess I'll have to hide under the bed until the danger has passed. Thanks for the warning!