Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Best weather app

Jwill

Looking for suggestions on the best weather app for Android. Prefer free and something with decent radar. Mobile browser based just isn't getting it done. Thanks!

Storm is good. For years I have thought that Weather Underground is the best organization at predicting the weather, in Montana anyway. They make the Storm app, but also have a simpler Weather Underground app. The Wundermap within the Weather Underground app is customizable and good. Only drawback is that it takes up a fair amount of memory on your device.

Weather Underground. Their graphical displays can be setup to really dial in critical conditions and trends. Seeing all of the weather stations on the wundermap is really critical around features like mountains and and large lakes where wind does weird stuff locally.

If you look close most weather apps and online sites let you pick the weather reporting station for the area you are looking at. It can make a difference if it's a station in town , along a river , at the airport ,or near the mountains where you will be hunting. Temps and wind can vary widely here at the different weather stations in and around town. Some railroad reporting stations will have more accurate weather for your antelope hunting areas.

I know on Iphone the NOAA radar is free. I use that in conjunction with the weather channel app for forecasting.

I also recommend WTForecast. But thats more for giggles...

Weather Underground, ive used it for years and nothing really comes close for me.

Time to revive this thread... I'm having issues with weather underground loading properly. What other weather apps do y'all like?

A lot of local stations will have their own version of the same weather app that I love. I think it's made by The Weather Company. I'm in Dallas, so my local app is called "Fox 4 DFW WAPP". I've been using it for 10 yrs now, & you can set it to any city in the US as far as i'm aware.
It has tons of layers and alerts you can set for each place. My favorite part is the global hurricane tracking & earthquake layer, very fascinating.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntND90
Back