Looking for new bino harness need suggestion!

Ohboytimmy

Hey guys,

I am looking for a new bino harness for this elk season. I've been using a pretty simple spandex strap for years but would like more of a utility harness.

What I am looking for-
Low profile
Fully enclosed case
Pouch for GPS, Range finder, Diagram calls, and wind checker
Comfortable fit underneath pack

What harnesses have you guys been using and have been satisfied with?

I have the Kuiu harness and it is a pretty slick piece of kit. Low profile, lightweight, outside pockets (a bit snug at first but they work in), and it holds snug, doesn't bounce, can be opened and closed with one hand. Love it. They have a new, matching rangefinder pouch now which clips to the side, but I haven't tried that out.

The two names that come to mind that people have mentioned that are fully enclosed is AGC and Outdoor Vision. FHF I've heard is more low profile but has open sides at the lid. I'm patiently waiting for Marsupial Gear to get some of theirs back in stock to try that forward opening lid.

I believe several of the listed brands make rangefinder pouches.

As already mentioned, Kuiu, FHF, ACG and Marsupial are all good. check them all out online and determine which fits your needs the best. I'm currently using the KUIU with an FHF bino harness, but really like the Marsupial as well.

Check out marsupial gear. As good as some of the high end, but cheaper because they're new to the game

I have badlands, KUIU, and fhf.
Badlands dumped my binos multiple times. Junk
KUIU lid semi works and the bag shifts around some.
Fhf lid opens the wrong way, pain in the rear. Good other than that.
Marsupial gear is next on my list.

I used a kuiu for 3 or 4 years and had good luck with it. Just got an Alaskan guide creations, and so far I love it.

I also have the AGC, and while I like it, the top closes with a similar but oppose configuration as the FHF. The AGC has a fixed point on the lid with a loop on the body, thus you have to find the loop and pull down on the lid to close, while FHF with the loop on the lid you only have to grab the loop and pull closed. The FHF style makes way more sense, but after a season or so your hand adjusts to the AGC closing style.

I was always a Ford guy until I got a Chevy...oh, wait...wrong thread...maybe

I have an AGC that I really like (always used the black elastic strap deal) and my buddy has a FHF that he really likes and if I had it, I think I would really like it also (if not more). His boy has a Kuiu that seems pretty nice, as well.
I'd say there are several good, quality ones out there and it's a matter of preference.
Does that help?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back