Garmin HuntView Chip Help

bjochem

Hopefully somebody here can help me, I am finding no support on line. I bought a new 64s and a Hunt View chip this past winter in preparation for my 1st elk trip. I remember plugging the chip into my computer and it working fine. All the topo lines and aerial imagery was there. Now I cant get it to work on my PC and I cant remember how to turn the topo back on for the GPS. Any thoughts?

Start basecamp then stick the chip into the pc. Should pop up in basecamp, if it doesn't, chances are the pc didn't see the chip.
With the chip in the gps go to setup, maps, and enable the map that is on the chip. Should be enables by default.
Any chance you screwed up the sd card when it was in the pc?
Did you back up that sd card?

Yup, pretty sure that is what I did. I tried all that you said last night and nothing happens. Also the map is enabled on the GPS. Not very happy with myself. Pretty sure that's $80 gone.

If you just stick the sd card into a slot on the of or use a USB adapter it should go to usb mode and ask what you want to do or it should show up in file manager. If nothing then it might be hosed but sometime the pc will wig out and not see them. I'd stick it in a different pc to check.

bjochem, I'm gonna send you a PM. Shoot me your address and I'll send a CO chip out. Don't wanna get into details on the HuntView chip but I would feel more comfortable with you using ours. Also new chips give you a code for a free year with the App membership so you can have more detailed aerial imagery on your phone then you will see on your GPS.

Back