MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any carp whisperers on here?

I have caught over a hundred carp on a fly, mostly in the Toston to Canyon Ferry stretch. White Wooly Buggers, San Juans, Rubber legs, small minnow patterns,crawfish, and even dry flies. The clue has been solved by some of the other guys on this thread. You have to find the carp that wants to eat....
This can change in a moment. Some are game but most are not on a given moment. I have been busted by carp at 30-40 ' but other times hooked some off the end of the rod. Keep the sun over your shoulder,that helps. If you spook one,or catch one in a group it usually puts the rest on edge and off the feed.
I always release them un-harmed and cant quite grasp the thrill of shooting 100 fish and chucking them. Maybe they are invasive but I still consider them sport fish. Only the skilled catch them on flies on a regular basis.;)

fish.jpg
Fly fishing for carp is the best way to go about it. I personally always start with a crayfish pattern. if that doesn't work then ill try some of my sculpin imitations I have.

Had a great day yesterday! Ended up landing 3 and lost a 4th. They are a real kick. Seeing my backing is fun.

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

unnamed.jpg

I would be out there right now if it weren't for jet boat troubles.... It's always something with those dam things.

Back