New - First post

Roughwater

Grettings fellow hunting nuts. Name is Terry. I live in NC, am 67 and love Elk hunting. I am proudly a life member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and a Ex-Marine. I love watching "Fresh Tracks". I love it how Randy is so successful with public land hunts and how the hunts are so real life. I have learned much from watching his shows.
I have personally only been able to Elk Hunt 3 times in my life, all 3 times in Colorado. Two archery and one 1st Season Rifle hunt but I'm anxious to go this fall somewhere.

I don't personally know any folks locally who Elk hunt so will soon post a search for a hunting partner.

May your freezer always be full.

Terry

no such thing as ex-marines right? When and where were you in? I was Lejuene, 02-06.

What part of NC?

Welcome to the club.

406Life,

Sorry not to get back to you. I had totally forgot about this post. I might be just a tad older than you. I was in the corps from 68-72. At Lejeune 70-72. I was a radio repair/radio operator with 2nd Amtrack Bltn at Courthouse bay which you probably know is at Lejeune or at least used to be if it isn't now. I live in Oxford but originally from Ohio. But been in NC for 20 years now. 10 years in Goldsboro where I worked at Seymour Johnson AFB and the last 10 where I inspected Cable TV and now fully retired a bit more than a year.

Appreciate the Welcome

Terry

Thanks John,

I don't know if addictive is the right word, I just think we are the type of person/persons where hunting is in our nature, like many of our ancestors. Life would just not be the same if we didn't/couldn't hunt.

Welcome from down the road in the big city. i have deer hunted a decent bit around the Oxford area with some friends of my dads and spent a little time on the NCDA research station up there. Nice area and welcome!

Welcome. This is a great forum and is actually possible to get answers here and guidance. That is a rarity on most other forums. Thank you for your service!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back