Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tikka

cking13

I'm planning my first western big game hunt this coming fall, so what better excuse to buy a new rifle right? I'm a firm believer in "you can never have too many guns", so I picked one up to accompany me for my future western excursions. I decided to go with a 270. Great ballistics, availability of ammo, and enough power to bring down what I need it to, made it my choice. I've put a box and a half through it so far and I'm really pleased with it. I'm a Remington guy, but decided to give tikka a try, and I'm glad I did. Any other tikka fans on here? Still new to the brand so I'd like to hear from other owners about their experiences.

Attachments

• IMG_2655.jpg
    IMG_2655.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 579
I always wanted a Sako, but my buddy tells me to buy 2 Tikka's instead. Nice guns from everything I've heard.

I bought a tikka in .308 for my wife. Great rifle. I'm going to have to pick one up for myself sometime. You may look into getting a metal bolt shroud and trigger guard, if the plastic bothers you or put a new stock on. I had issues with the bottom "metal" squeezing the mag tightly when I would torque the action screws in a Boyd's stock.

I havent had any issues with the plastic yet, but may look into something a little more appealing in the future.

Im glad to hear you havent had any issues. Mine is a tack driver as well.

I looked at a Tikka about 12 years ago. Pre hype. I just couldn't get past the cheap feel. Haven't looked since. Great shooters though. mtmuley

I looked at a Tikka about 12 years ago. Pre hype. I just couldn't get past the cheap feel. Haven't looked since. Great shooters though. mtmuley

Was that a 695/595? You should feel the t3's now is so!

I have a 270 in the 695 and its a hell of a rifle.

I bought one about 6 months ago in .308. Sadly I've only shot it at the range so far. Its a good little shooter. Very light weight. That's one of the reasons I bought it. I wanted a lightweight large game rifle for lengthy jaunts in mountains.

I have the Tikka T3 300 win mag with a vortex 6-24X50 scope. I really enjoy it and that is my primary rifle for western long range hunting. With mine the muzzle jump is pretty significant and had to put a muzzle break on it so i could actually see if i am shooting the target or not without having to realign back and wonder if you actually shot the animal and trying to find it back in the scope. Also with having the shoulder strap and bi-pod attached it made it pretty hard to put it in to a gun boot that is attached to a 4 wheeler. i used Kolpin 6.0 transport for that tight fit but it worked. I really like the smoothness of the action,and the lite weight of the rifle. it is good for walking.

I have two. 270wsm and a 243. The 270wsm with 140gr accubonds shoots 3/4 groups at 200yrds. The .243 shoots 1/2 groups all day at least out to 300 as its the farthest I have shot with a bench. I use Winchester 55gr Varmint loads, and with 95 grain Winchester I get 3/4 groups. They are great to pack and I have never had any misfire, jam or any issue.

I know a few guys with them here, it can't compete with my old man's Sako, but it isn't supposed to. My buddy's T3 Lite in .300WSM is absurd on the recoil front. Noticeably stiffer than my Browning X-bolt in the same caliber, at around the same weight. I'm not sure if it's the recoil pad made from mudflap material or the stock dimensions themselves? The .270 should be far more manageable. Good solid indestructible rifle, I'd say.

Glad to hear everyone likes them. A little peace of mind for me. Thanks everyone

Mine shoots same hole at 100 and 3/4" 200 yard groups consistently with factory ammo. Hard to beat that for $700. Or $5k for that matter.
After getting a tikka I can't see how people can spend thousands on a custom and then dick around reloading only to achieve tikka like groups in their dreams. Well I can, because they enjoy and are interested in it, but for purely practical purposes a Tikka is all you need.

Last edited:
I have a Tikka T3 lite in 30-06 which has been an amazing gun. Used it to hunt numerous deer and elk and love the rifle. Haven't wanted to upgrade or trade it as it has everything I wanted.

Mine shoots same hole at 100 and 3/4" 200 yard groups consistently with factory ammo. Hard to beat that for $700. Or $5k for that matter.
After getting a tikka I can't see how people can spend thousands on a custom and then dick around reloading only to achieve tikka like groups in their dreams. Well I can, because they enjoy and are interested in it, but for purely practical purposes a Tikka is all you need.

..sez the guy wearing a grand worth of layered sliderule tech camo...;)

The first time I worked the action of a 75 Sako Finnlite I begged the counter dude at Cabelas to take my money.

I bought my T3 Lite Stainless (7mm RM) in 2004 for $499. It shoots lights out. My only complaint was the factory stock (the new ones might be better), but replaced it with a B&C, and now it is a dream to shoot.

I purchased the exact same rifle in Oct 2015. My only complaint is that I wish the clip held 4 rounds instead of 3. It will shoot several types of factory ammo at less 1 MOA with the most accurate being plain old Rem 130 grn Corlokt. They shoot right about 0.5 MOA. None of my handloads have shot better than the factory rounds.

What kind of tripod do you have on yours? I have been debating whether or not to get one for my Wyo antelope hunt this fall.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back