Yeti GOBOX Collection

Go to lure for trout in high country lake.

Bukwild3

Going on a pack trip a lake in Colorado. Suppose to be able to fish I don't fly fish. Anyone have a thought on a couple baits I can pack with me for fishing with a bait caster? Was thinging about a spoon would be a good catch all.

I caught a few yesterday on the panther martin spinner shown in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 558
Panther martins have always been my go to trout lure in any river or lake. If I need to cast a lot farther spoons will do better.

With the p/m and mepps, do you find yourself having to change colors often. Is there a color y'all feel is a catch all of you had to only have 1 or 2 colors?

Just a red mepps #2 and if I use a panther martin I always stick with the yellow with black dots.

Panther Martin/Mepps #0 work really well in the beaver ponds. Silver on sunny days, gold or copper color on over cast days. Great luck!

Yellow panther Martin for sure. I don't believe they make them anymore, but I also used to like "steelhead by bud" lures.

Worms in a red Hills Brothers coffee can.

Right on!!!

I like to take several colors, making sure I have at least 2 chartreuse(sp). Keep them handy. If you cast a half dozen times with no action, change colors. Put a dozen in a plastic case and you don't have a whole pound of weight.

I hate to say it but don't forget the powerbait for lake fishing. I've seen rainbow glitter and captain America easily outfish any lure. It doesn't feel like the most sporting way to catch fish but I always throw it in the pack if I want a guaranteed dinner

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back