Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

flying with a thermocell

rlmmatt

One of the hunts I have planned for this year is coming up and I'll be traveling to nunavut. I'm thinking Flys and mesquito may be bad so I'm planning on bringing a thermocell but I'm unsure of flying with one. Anyone out here have any experience with this and if it's been asked before I apologize but I didn't see it when I searched. Due you guys remove your fire starter from your packs prior to flying as well or is that allowed under the plane thanks again

I think your best bet is to contact your airline and see what their guidelines are. Would hate to get twisted up on bad info.

I'm flying with three different airlines up and four back. Delta, first air, Canadian north, and a small float plane I understand they may make be throw away the fuel bottles but was curious on what others may have found. Weight is a big issue as well so I don't want to bring it and find out that I can't use it because I had to throw the fuel away but I don't want to get eaten up either
Thanks for the response though
Robert

You would be breaking the law or rules by flying with the gas cartridge

Shouldn't be a problem flying with one. Just can't fly with the butane canisters.

Last edited:
Back