MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana points

mixedbag

I hear Montana is following the way Wyoming does their points.Is that starting this year?What do you all think will happen with draw odds

Link? WY is pure preference for 75% of tags then random for 25%. I thought MT was bonus points squared for balls in hopper for 100% of tags. Link?

I think he's talking about selling points after the application period, not how the points actually work. Yes, it just started this year. It could keep some people from applying on years where they don't want to draw the tag, but the overall number of people buying points will definitely go up. It's way cheaper to buy points for deer and elk permits than to only get an 80% refund if you don't draw the permit and don't want the general tags. In the long run I think deer/elk tags will be much harder to draw. I don't think antelope odds will really change much unless you are trying to draw the best tag in the state that everyone applied for when they just wanted a point. That unit should get better drawing odds. Who knows on moose, mtn goat, and sheep, most who commit to drawing those actually apply every year. It could encourage some to jump into the game especially those who don't understand the astronomical odds they are facing.

Thanks,I was asking if I could go on and just buy the points after the draw.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back