Caribou Gear Tarp

I drew 76-3 MOOSE in Idaho!!

Tony Trietch

I have been doing my due diligence to learn as much as I can about the unit but I welcome any advise or info anyone might have.

I am new to the unit and applied there because of the good draw odds and the fact I have two different friends that live close by and have horses for the pack out!
The biologist and local game warden have been helpful and I anticipate seeing many moose but you never know till you get boots on the ground.

I am really excited about the hunt, never thought I'd draw a OIL tag.

Tony Trietch

Tony, congrats on your moose tag draw! Keep us posted on your scouting and post hunt! Moose are truly magnificent animals to hunt!

Interested in hearing about your hunt.I really want to do a shiras moose hunt,and Id is my only realistic chance of drawing a tag

Tony, congrats on your moose tag draw! Keep us posted on your scouting and post hunt! Moose are truly magnificent animals to hunt!

Interested in hearing about your hunt.I really want to do a shiras moose hunt,and Id is my only realistic chance of drawing a tag

I am pumped to chase moose with a tag I drew, always figured I would need to go to Canada or AK if I was going to get the chance!

I had a really nice bull walk past my camper last year a few miles north of the reservoir. I've got some video somewhere I'll try to dig out. I had seen a fair amount of moose sign in the area earlier that week while elk hunting. Is 76-3 limited to a specific part of the unit or is it all of 76?

I ended up hunting 9 days and harvested my bull but only saw a few moose. I hunted hard all day every day and put on miles. I’d say the easy draw odds for this hunt proved appropriate for the difficulty of it. I had never stepped foot in the unit so maybe someone that knows the unit would have had a better selection of animals.
I talked to lots of elk hunters and only three had seen a moose. I did a podcast with Cody Rich about the hunt.
3EE898EE-5994-44C8-B2B4-DF859E7AA408.jpgDD8BA9E4-7BEA-445D-854B-245D68A07DA7.jpg

Back