Ethical or Not?

It would have been way better and got way more on-line views, likes, and emojis with some heavy metal thrash music playing (extra loud), a skid mounted M134 gatlin gun on the little goats, and maybe a surprise tail rotor mishap ending while taking the hero shots.

I've started questioning these guys for awhile now. With Eric's horrible shot on a bull that he eventually took down again. To the high fenced deer hunt in Texas. So now thats two high fenced hunts and whatever you call that helicopter kill. They choose that outfitter(or MTN OPS did) because you can hunt free range game there, they choose not too.

with the terrain I can see getting dropped in by air as most of that was as vertical as it comes. Where I draw the line is flushing animals out and then herding them for a shot from a guy who can't even operate a weapon. There is nothing about this video that makes me want to watch another one of theirs. Just because it is legal doesn't mean you should! I vote unethical.

BTW, I bet that high end Camo they are wearing really helped seal the deal. Those animals never saw them with that Helo chasing them....

I think they've also taken a subscriber hit. I believe they were at 180 000 now they are 164 000

Not my thing. And I don't enjoy watching it. I didn't enjoy the GoHunt NZ trip either. Basically if it's in NZ it will probably suck. Although I think Remi did a hunt there that was legit.

I feel similarly about hunting shows in Texas.

One of the great things about NZ hunting is that there aren't many hunting rules and each hunter gets to decide on what's ethical. It does lead to 'hunting' as shown on the video but most kiwi hunters are appalled by what these guys are doing. The apparent chasing of the chamois is the real issue, and probably illegal. It's definitely not my cup of tea, but each to their own.

They are practically Navy SEALs now, right?

What bugs me the most is that they call it hunting. The act of shooting animals out of a helicopter alone is debatable as far as ethics are concerned. But calling it hunting is absolutely absurd and ethically atrocious.

For example, shooting hogs out of a helicopter is pest eradication (and a damn fun looking way to go about it). But it is NOT hunting.

This lack of ethics carries over to baiting, guided genetic freak release and shoot "hunts", private ranch high fence "hunting", and all that other bs people do. Kinda sucks because this crap is what the anti-hunters use as ammunition. And frankly, I don't blame them. If that is what hunting truly was then I'd be against it too.

These guys are all tools in my opinion. They try to cultivate this wilderness athlete persona for their company, wear the best technical gear, and then hunt in the laziest ways possible.

How many burpies do you need to do to ride a helo into a hunt. I feel like if you are going to constantly post on twitter and instagram about your off season workouts to get in shape for hunting you better do some physically brutal hunts. Would love to watch Randy walk these guys into the ground on an elk hunt.

haven't seen the video, and don't really care to, but i have issues with most of the 'major hunters' on social media today. i am a steadfast supporter of BHA and other conservation/public land activist groups out there, i believe they are still fighting the good fight so that we, the average joe, can readily access the public lands set aside for us to use, for any form of outdoor activity we wish. they do their damnedest to ensure that what little public land we have isn't going to be taken from us, given back to the state, and is taken care of. however, my current issue with most of the major hunters on social media today is they do very little to speak up and make it known, using their followers, that this is an issue. randy, steve rinella, joe rogan, they are loud activists of this issue. we owe a lot to randy. we owe a lot to steve. we owe a lot to joe rogan, giving he has 2.3 million followers on IG, he was an adult onset hunter, and he routinely hosts steve and other brilliant activists on his podcast to hear of our public land plight. randy doesn't shy away from telling the scary tales of how our hunting access will change if we lose land to the states. steve rinella, the same. but why isn't "hushin" being vocal about this? why not drop the NZ trip and show us how they're doing something to make a difference to issues here? cameron hanes publicly called out the jason chaffetz, but is largely silent on the public lands issue other than that. why aren't more big name hunters doing something to spread the word outside of our small hunting community? why aren't they making their viewers know that this issue affects them, even if they never plan on hunting? you're all pretty accurate, there's a residual level of 'tool' that emanates from them, but they have done some good. they have drawn in many viewers, they have introduced many people to the concept of harvesting your own meat, they have shown generally good ethics.

I believe they took it down. I suppose with so many negative comments and people unsubscribing, they felt that it would be wise to remove it.

haven't seen the video, and don't really care to, but i have issues with most of the 'major hunters' on social media today. i am a steadfast supporter of BHA and other conservation/public land activist groups out there, i believe they are still fighting the good fight so that we, the average joe, can readily access the public lands set aside for us to use, for any form of outdoor activity we wish. they do their damnedest to ensure that what little public land we have isn't going to be taken from us, given back to the state, and is taken care of. however, my current issue with most of the major hunters on social media today is they do very little to speak up and make it known, using their followers, that this is an issue. randy, steve rinella, joe rogan, they are loud activists of this issue. we owe a lot to randy. we owe a lot to steve. we owe a lot to joe rogan, giving he has 2.3 million followers on IG, he was an adult onset hunter, and he routinely hosts steve and other brilliant activists on his podcast to hear of our public land plight. randy doesn't shy away from telling the scary tales of how our hunting access will change if we lose land to the states. steve rinella, the same. but why isn't "hushin" being vocal about this? why not drop the NZ trip and show us how they're doing something to make a difference to issues here? cameron hanes publicly called out the jason chaffetz, but is largely silent on the public lands issue other than that. why aren't more big name hunters doing something to spread the word outside of our small hunting community? why aren't they making their viewers know that this issue affects them, even if they never plan on hunting? you're all pretty accurate, there's a residual level of 'tool' that emanates from them, but they have done some good. they have drawn in many viewers, they have introduced many people to the concept of harvesting your own meat, they have shown generally good ethics.

This is essentially what I was going to say on Rokslide until the thread was locked when I was composing a response. They have 168K followers on Youtube alone. What a chance to educate a section of the population that not a whole lot of other public figures in the hunting world reach. They could do more than tell stories about themselves and the fun they're having hunting and fishing. They could actually have a bit of a message to their product. Wouldn't want to overdo it and scare followers away by getting too preachy, but there's gotta be something substantive they could add.
Their biggest contribution to hunting in my view was getting Randy on Youtube to take advantage of that platform for short clips and semi-live hunts, etc. Beyond that, there's little meat to what they do, and there could be some added without taking away from their fun and spontaneous style.

Am I the only guy that's never heard of "hushin" or that Casey fella?

Can't watch the video now that they took it down, but hopefully they learned their lesson. That was an expensive trip if they can't even get the video out afterwards.

These guys were on Randy's podcast weren't they? They seemed like nice guys. There have been times I've driven around at night with a spotlight shooting jackrabbits, and I suppose if their attitude toward those animals is the same as ours is to jackrabbits it makes sense.

There's an episode of Meateater where Remi Warren and Rinella drive as far as they can up a river, get out, and hike high into the New Zealand mountains in search of Tahr. They wade a dangerous river and I believe they end up with a chamois. Watch that then watch this. Quite a juxtaposition.

These guys were on Randy's podcast weren't they? They seemed like nice guys. There have been times I've driven around at night with a spotlight shooting jackrabbits, and I suppose if their attitude toward those animals is the same as ours is to jackrabbits it makes sense.

There's an episode of Meateater where Remi Warren and Rinella drive as far as they can up a river, get out, and hike high into the New Zealand mountains in search of Tahr. They wade a dangerous river and I believe they end up with a chamois. Watch that then watch this. Quite a juxtaposition.

As Leo Durocher said: "Nice guys finish last!"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back