Caribou Gear

AZ sheep tags

Yes! As a nonresident. Desert Bighorn. Wow. Can't believe it. Cabeza Prieta.

Congrats!!! If possible go to the ADBSS seminar. All the land management folks send reps and give you first hand info. If you are not a member, sign up. Good luck. I shot a Nelsoni at Lake Mead/Mt. Wilson area back in '86. In '13 I drew a Rocky tag in unit 6A and was lucky enough to take a 180 5/8. You will have a great time. GJ

Congrats!!! If possible go to the ADBSS seminar. All the land management folks send reps and give you first hand info. If you are not a member, sign up. Good luck. I shot a Nelsoni at Lake Mead/Mt. Wilson area back in '86. In '13 I drew a Rocky tag in unit 6A and was lucky enough to take a 180 5/8. You will have a great time. GJ

Thanks GJ! I have a fantastic elk archery elk permit in NM. The hunt ends on the same day as the ADBSS seminar. I want to go to the seminar so much that I might roll up the elk hunt a day early to attend. If I'm too pathetic to knock an elk over in 16D before the last day I should give up anyway.

I talked to a Flagstaff fireman who had a tag there three years ago. He has cousins that live in Ajo who scouted for him. He went down on his off days and scouted the area also. He said once the BP and ICE decided he was O.K. they gave him a lot of sighting info. He had a shoulder separation that limited him a bit, but he said that he still had 3 mile hikes into the mountain ranges he hunted. Then it was all uphill (normal sheep hunting). He shot a high 150's ram with the characteristic red colored horns (pretty neat) from the local vegetation. He did say that he spent a few weeks digging cactus and cholla spines out of everywhere. I'm sure you will hear from several outfitters. I don't know if Gary Howell still outfits but if so he is excellent. Give him a call if you're interested (928-606-3021). GJ

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back