Sat Phone Rental

HighDesertSage

So its looking like I may have a few hunts lined up this year that I will be rolling solo. For mine and my wife's peace of mind I'm looking at the logistics of renting a sat phone. Are there any rental companies that anyone out there could recommend? How was your experience? What was the cost? Looking for any info I can get. Thanks all.

I looked at several and for the price, I decided to just get in a on a free phone offer and do the contract for a year. 60 bucks a month. It wasn't for checking in every night. Just 911 if needed

We've rented inreach units from outdoorsgeek.com in Denver. Not a phone per se, but texting worked great.

Spend the money once and buy an inreach and always have it, then just use the pay as you go service plans when you need them.

That is what I did..not as bulky as a sat phone for backpacking in Alaska,
plus I can broadcast my location if I want to selected facebook users
(like my wife) so they can see on a map where I am located.
(I used to pay $75 per week to rent a sat phone out of Fairbanks)

My monthly fee is $12 and I always have the InReach for backpacking/fishing/canoeing/hunting/cross country skiing in Alaska.

I used glovalstar. This was few years ago. I'd definitely look into inreach now mainly cuz I want to upgrade my gps.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back