Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Episode 56 Follow Up

119bowhunter

Nothing has happened just yet on the one shot. All complimentary licenses are an interim topic for the travel, recreation, wildlife committee. The next trw meeting is in lander in late August, it will likely be discussed then.

it's Late August I just finished the podcast the other day and logged on for the specific purpose if getting an update on this issue. I too am a father of daughters only, I have 2 young girls. I am not an avid hunter but want to become one. I really enjoyed the Wyoming podcast.

Something tells me this topic is working its way to the top down there in Wyoming.

Something tells me this topic is working its way to the top down there in Wyoming.

It was actually a 5 hour long topic yesterday in the Travel, Rec & Wildlife Committee as you may already know. Things are heating up!

There were fireworks yesterday on this thing...and I have a feeling its only starting.

I listened to perhaps the most ridiculous testimony I've heard in my life on one hand...and perhaps the best I've ever heard on the other.

The most ridiculous from Senator Cale Case...hard to describe how ridiculous really. Nonsensical, hypocritical word salad is about as close as I can come to describing his diarrhea of the mouth.

The best from an elderly, local lady hunter. She gave some of the best, from the heart, honest, and factual testimony I've ever had the privilege of listening to. Humbling really. I wish more hunters like her would testify, it would change things.

Last edited:
I was very surprised at some questions and responses from legislators after hours of one sided testimony via Sen Case, One Shot members, and members of Wyoming Wildlife and Women's Foundations(who want tags for themselves). This most likely came about because Joint TRW Chairman Rep Jim Allen, a strong One Shot supporter, met Buzz and I in the meeting room before the start. Needless to say he recognized our names!! I must say he was ready for us by stacking the room in case we showed.

In all four sportsman spoke out against set aside licenses based mostly on equal access to wildlife. Some of our legislators get it, most don't. One thing for sure, the One Shot's troubles have just begun. Either outcome on this issue doesn't effect the Women's Foundation, who would like a set of 80 tags for themselves, because the areas they hunt are 100% draw.

Surprisingly, two legislators feel set aside tags in statute for two private exclusive groups, may violate the special legislation clause of the Wyoming Constitution.

Stay tuned...

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back