Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

alternative to merino wool?

I'll third minus33. I have several articles and really like them. Reasonable price too.

I've found the capilene gets pretty stinky pretty quick. How do the sitka baselayer shirts compare to merino wool?

Costco had some long sleeve merino last year ( brand was Karbon) for ~$20. I bought one pair...I'll pick up 3 or 4 more if they have it back this year.

Unfortunately, there isn't a man made material that can compete with wool yet! Amazon does have some deals on no name brand clothing, just have to shop around. The plus side is although yes merino wool is expensive, it will last you a long time, unless your size changes over time. i have some merino wool i've purchased years ago and is still in excellent condition despite being abused.

guys for real I've tried many brands and the first lite merino is a step above everything else. The breathability and drying are unmatched. Read about the tech they have in it. not all merino is the same. buy once, cry once. trust me.

First Lite is some fine stuff, but I have found Ice Breaker to be a far mor durable product. Whether it be shirts or boxers I have yet to destroy Ice Breaker the way I have First Lite, but I have not tried the First Lite aero wool products. From hiking to upland hunting to traveling Ice Breaker boxers have lasted far longer than my First Lites. All of it is expensive so I wait until I find a good deal on the internet, usually Sierra Trading Post. I signed up for the emailer and usually get additional discounts and free shipping. Good luck.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papretzelman
Back