Remington 700 sendero vs Browning hells canyon X bolt?

Well... I went a little over budget and I ordered the x bolt browing hells canyon long range 300 win mag yesterday. I'll be putting a vortex razor hd ffp with locking zero as optics and I'm thinking an atlas 170 for bipod. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and opinions on these rifles!

If I remember correctly, the Hells Canyon comes with a break. Wear ear protection. There's a lot to learn me about a fast 300. Should serve you well.

I'd also recommend Choice ammo, accounts in 180g. I keyhole 100 yds with it.

I have a 270 sendero its a state issue gun and I would not tote that heavy sob around the mountains for anything. Ex AF so maybe I am a pansy ha ha. My best friend is an ex infantry marine and he gives me a lot of shit about chair force. On the other side a hells canyon 300 WSM will by my next rifle for big game.

The evolution of the modern hunting rifle sure is interesting. Optics especially. mtmuley

With that budget send me a pm and I'll get you in contact with a gun builder in Butte Mt. who will build you a tack driver the way you want. I have 2 of his guns and Crittergitter has 2 as well.

whoops just saw that you bought the other gun. Hope all is well for you. Look forward to seeing some groups.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll leave it on. I shot 40 rounds through it today and feel like I brought my .22 out. This gun is amazing on recoil especially for being a 300 win mag

That's a sweet setup. I love mine too. OMW to the range now...

Have you shot it yet? I think you made an excellent choice. I have a Browning A Bolt (vintage 1985) in 7mm Rem Mag, I love this rifle and it will never leave me. A real tack driver with a synthetic stock, nice to pack in the mountains at 5.75 lb's.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back