Yeti GOBOX Collection

Pack out bags. Has anyone tried them?

huntin24/7

Has anyone tried these before? I have a hard time seeing these working better than a good pack frame but thought they might be good for carrying in your day pack to use for the first pack out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-11-16-50-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-07-11-16-50-08.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 348
This reminds me of when I packed out my elk a couple years ago and ran out of space in my pack. I ended up bear hugging about 30 pounds of it or so for a couple miles. My arms about fell off when I got to the truck. Maybe I should try this!

Haha. I'm skeptical of the weight in front. I know carrying weight in front is much harder than on the back, but maybe weight I'm in front and back works. Id have to try it first. Would be pretty cool if it works.

I used to have a bag like that when I delivered newspapers as a kid. Trust me when they are full of weight they hurt.

No thanks. Besides the other good points already made, I don't need my nose in that much dead elk, deer or antelope for a mile long or better hike. Keep it on your back.

Looks like a good way to fall and knock out your front teeth. I also remember in USMC training having to carry the pack of a buddy who was "wounded". Strap a pack on the front in addition to what you have on the back and it doesn't take long to overheat.

I made a deal with our two horses, the mule, and the burro. I will feed, care for, protect, entertain on trail rides, and love them.
All I ask in return, is to once a year carry some stinky meat back to where the trailer's parked!

Looks like a good way to fall and knock out your front teeth. I also remember in USMC training having to carry the pack of a buddy who was "wounded". Strap a pack on the front in addition to what you have on the back and it doesn't take long to overheat.

I did it once when I was a really young, in great shape Marine......ONCE!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back