New Mexico Archery Elk with Fin and Corey Jacobsen

Day 7 - Too sick to hunt.

I was starting to have a liver flare up on the hike out night of Day 6. By the morning of Day 7, it was getting worse. So, rather than slow everyone down, the plan was for me to medicate, hydrate, and rest until noon, at which time we would regroup and hunt that afternoon. At least that was the plan.

[video=youtube_share;fPld-CpUJnE]https://youtu.be/fPld-CpUJnE[/video]

I enjoy watching these as much or more then your TV productions episodes. The kids and I watch them during breakfast. Keep 'em coming.

I love the "raw" footage. I started getting nervous for Corey when that first heard of elk was headed his direction. It was great to watch how he approached each situation.

I love this new format, I find it much more exciting and informative watching how each setup is approached as well as the frustrations. The only downside is the wait for each day, it kills me!

hit it out of the park Randy and Company! Awesome to see all the action and not just he successful events.

"Live Hunts" are what seriously fired up my interest in HuntTalk. I "went" antelope hunting every year with OYOA, oftentimes checking in 8 times a day to see if a Be The Decoy stalk worked, and read about how Fin's antelope walked past the truck (with Bryce in it snapping pictures), all of it posted the same day it happened. And then in the aftermath of the wolf hunt and the death threats, the live hunts dwindled down. I totally understand how/why that is a good idea. The spring 2017 bear hunt (as live as edited video can be) seems like a reasonable response to the potential security issue.

This series of New Mexico Archery with Cory and Randy well complements the TV broadcast episode, as it fills in the details and the moments that are viewer worthy, but due to constraints of TV time and story lines, were left off the TV episode. I am quite hopeful that this format works for the Big Fin worldwide empire, as I am enjoying the extra content. Keep it coming

Day 8 - Is today the day?

[video=youtube_share;Jpw2EHf2-3s]https://youtu.be/Jpw2EHf2-3s[/video]

That smile Cory had when he told you where the elk were- that's a smile you only get from a friend, and you know it's going to be a fun day no matter what. I've had it when telling my brother where the ducks are, and haven't forgotten any of those hunts yet.

That smile Cory had when he told you where the elk were- that's a smile you only get from a friend, and you know it's going to be a fun day no matter what. I've had it when telling my brother where the ducks are, and haven't forgotten any of those hunts yet.

Preach it man, I know exactly what you mean and had the same flashbacks.

Day 9 - About time!

[video=youtube_share;QFRaCuAPQNs]https://youtu.be/QFRaCuAPQNs[/video]

I love it, but the anticipation is killing me.

In all seriousness, I really appreciate the YouTube episodes. My provider dropped the sportsmans and outdoor channels a while back. Honestly not a huge loss, but I'm very happy to be able to see your show and a couple of the other good ones.

I'll second this, can't get it on TV in Canada so it's VHX or YouTube for me. Very much appreciated. This new series is fascinating. Feels like I'm there. Gonna have to sit down and do Day 8 and 9 today.

Big Fin, with that wind and did Corey try any cow calls to get him to stand up or investigate? Looks like that may of been a good spot to knock the dust off your Montana Decoy. Do you even use that method anymore?

Given the wind and distance Corey made a heck of a shot, congrats to both!

You guys really put in the time and effort on this hunt. 9 days and 80 miles. That really shows how hard elk hunting can be. How many guys would have called it quits and headed home under those circumstances?

my work might be suffering because of these youtube episodes, but I'm not complaining. great stuff and keep them coming.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back