Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Mexico Archery Elk with Fin and Corey Jacobsen

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you have seen this episode on TV earlier this month. Rather than just do the abbreviated version that TV requires, we have edited every day of this hunt for YouTube. Some days will be 6-8 minutes and others will be as long as a normal TV episode.

There is so much that happens behind the scenes that gets cut for the time constraints of TV. Rather than waste hours and hours of cool content, we decided to use our YouTube platform to tell a longer story, adding in as much information and as many tips as possible.

Not sure if folks will like these pieces that don't have music, no fancy graphics, no big changes to the footage, just hunting and dialogue. Guess we will find out.

This is our first stab at what we call a "FULL STORY Cut," so we are interested to know if people like this format and style. It is a ton of extra work, but we think it will be worth the effort. We hope you agree.

Day 1 is here:
[video=youtube_share;J8p90cxeqpc]https://youtu.be/J8p90cxeqpc[/video]

Now I just wish my smart-TV streamed through YouTube as well as it does for Netflix...

I love it, but the anticipation is killing me.

In all seriousness, I really appreciate the YouTube episodes. My provider dropped the sportsmans and outdoor channels a while back. Honestly not a huge loss, but I'm very happy to be able to see your show and a couple of the other good ones.

I like a hunter that hauls a quad vehicle for 1000 miles and sees a sign and straps on a backpack. Honorable is Randy!

Karma is good and elk are in trouble!

Can't wait to see them! This may take more time to watch, but I feel like there are more things to learn and pick up from watching the day to day episodes.

Day 2 is up and live:

[video=youtube_share;WftI6y07640]https://youtu.be/WftI6y07640[/video]

If you like a video and want to give it a thumbs up on the YouTube channel, that helps us. The more likes a video gets, the more it will move up the YouTube algorithm. Thanks in advance for any positive comments.

Alright Big Fin, I have a complaint. These tell an amazing story and I want to know what will happen. So, releasing one portion each day is driving me nuts. Don't you know we are in an time of instant gratification and are not accustomed to waiting in such a way?

Last edited:
Alright Big Fin, I have a complaint. These tell and amazing story and I want to know what will happen. So, releasing one portion each day is driving me nuts. Don't you know we are in an time of instant gratification and are not accustomed to waiting in such a way?

Yes, 'tis the times in which we live. At my advanced age, the entire experience is far more enjoyable than the finish ;).

Yes, 'tis the times in which we live. At my advanced age, the entire experience is far more enjoyable than the finish ;).

Enough of the (at my advanced age), I got 10 years on ya and a ton of hard hunting miles also and am still going fairly strong. Hope to keep going for another 10 years +. Relatively speaking you're still pretty young, at least compared to me.

Back