Knight .50 cal loads?

Brushbuster444

I finally broke down and went to the dark side and bought my first inline smokepole yesterday.Got a Knight DISC Extreme. Just curious what loads guys have had luck with. Hunt mostly Wa and Id elk. sabots legal in Wa but not in Id

I've killed a lot of animals with 100 grains of Triple 7 granulated powder and 295 grain copper plated hollow point Powerbelts.

Last edited:
Unless something has changed that I haven't heard about, make sure you have the Western ignition kit that exposes your cap. If you're hunting in Washington, try the 300 gr SST with 100 grains of ffg Triple 7. I have taken a couple of elk and know of around 7-8 elk taken with that combo. Can't help you with non-sabot loads.

I have a Knight Disk Elite, basically the same rifle... I shoot 460gr No Excuses conical over 90gr of 777.

Also shoot 300 Nosler with a harvester Sabot, over 95-100gr 777.

Get the closed breach conversion kit if you go with Blackhorn, I get a decent amount of blow back, even with a vented plug.

Mine will be going bou hunting this fall.

I have the mountaineer, basically a fluted disc extreme. It is a nail driver with 120gr of BH209 and a Barnes 290gr TMZ. Like 3-4 inch 3 shot group at 300 yards kinda accurate. Blew my mind. They make the knights across town from me now. Good people and good rifles.

I'm not sure what is wrong with mine but I have NEVER been able to get BH 209 to go off in mine. CLICK. Ok maybe a couple hangfires with it. It makes a great clothes hanger, that's about it, POS.

Thanks for all the help. Been shooting a hawken for the last twelve years, prints 1" groups at 100yds but the dang barrel wedge fell out last year after I shot a bull and needed a second shot ( got a little western). So it was time for something a little better built

I'm shooting a knight ultraltie with 100 grains of BH209 and 300 grain THOR bullets. The gun really likes that combo.

I use Hornady Great Plains bullets in my Knight inline with great results.

Be sure to check Idaho's muzzleloader restrictions before hunting here ... in addition to sabots, 209 primers and sealed ignition chambers are prohibited. So are other modern inventions like powder pellets. I'm not familiar with the Knight model you have but know many inlines don't comply with Idaho laws. https://idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/weapons/muzzleloader

Last edited:
My knight will shoot 1" groups at 100yds using 100grs of pyrodex behind a 350gr Hornady FPB.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back