Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

grayling creek YNP

VAspeedgoat

I am going to my favorite place in the world soon and was curious as to the condition of graylinh creek. I know thay killed stuff off amd restocked with cuts and grayling but I wasn't sure if it was worth fishing yet or if it was even legal. Can't find much when I have searched. Thanks for any input.

I'll talk to a few folks and get back to you. However, I'm guessing it's a bit too soon for good fishing. Lots of other great options nearby if that's the kind of water you want to fish. PM if you want some suggestions.

In reality the only reason I am so interested is to try and catch a grayling and possibly get the kids a cutthroat. So size would be irrelevant as long as it legal to fish and not a detriment to the recovery of the creek.

VA - I'd check this news release out and call the number for Traci Weaver. If you can't get any info out of her, call Blue Ribbon Flies ((406) 646-7642) or Jacklin's ((406) 646-7336) and ask about fishing it. You will have to make sure you are above the migration barrier, which is pretty far upstream. You'll probably have to have someone show you on a map where that is.

I haven't fished it, but might try this year. It looks like the fish will only be two years old at most, but with no competition they may grow fast.

In reality the only reason I am so interested is to try and catch a grayling and possibly get the kids a cutthroat. So size would be irrelevant as long as it legal to fish and not a detriment to the recovery of the creek.

I had a good time on Grayling last summer, end of July. Threw small topwater and had some hungry fish. They were small, but when there's 100 on your 2wt you don't care too much. Personally, any water inside YNP is never wasted fishing. You won't have trouble finding cutties. Just know there are two species of Cutthroat in the Park: Westslope and Yellowstone.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back