Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Antelope unit 1 and deer in region A at the same time?

Irish52084

It seems like a possibility, but is it just too much of a pain to pull off with 10 days to hunt?

I came up with this idea for next year. We are hunting Southeast Montana in November for deer, but for about the same price we could hunt antelope and deer in region A for deer and unit 1 for antelope in November. The overall success rates seem pretty good but maybe I'm missing something. Plus, I'm from western Washington so success rates over 20% seem excellent to me.

I drove through the area in July of 2016 and I saw so many antelope and deer that my wife got sick of hearing me point them out. Lol

The success rates also factor in private land. It seems doable depending on how picky you are on antelope and deer. Access will be your issue in unit 1. But if you have access I dont think it would be a problem to fill both tags in 10 days.

Last edited:
I've wanted to hunt Wyoming's Black Hills for whitetail for sometime, probably also as a combo hunt. But just by having driven through several times and by looking at maps, I think I'd pick a better antelope unit and kill one on the way there(since you're coming from the West) then focus on deer in A.

I've wanted to hunt Wyoming's Black Hills for whitetail for sometime, probably also as a combo hunt. But just by having driven through several times and by looking at maps, I think I'd pick a better antelope unit and kill one on the way there(since you're coming from the West) then focus on deer in A.

Ditto

good luck to all
the dog

Me too; I'd be coming from the east and that's the way I'd do it also.

Great whitetail hunting up there but access is spotty. Pronghorn gets good not far west.

Back